printer?? ? pdf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

printer?? ? pdf

So to save a form- you cant- unless I am guessing I buy the pdf program. I own 5 broken printers. So I am not sure if I should buy a new printer- and if so- what kind, or maybe a software program.

I am up to - I have the 2 credit reports, the IRS transcripts, I have the certificate for the class.

My next step is to get the fee waiver. I asked a neighbor to print it. Note that for me to print it- I would have to not save the form.

Basically I just want to be ready to go.

Any advice?
    Discharged- pro se- chapter 7~!

You can download free pdf viewers that allow you to save form data. Here's info on one: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/29434...-data-in-pdfs/ A link to download the software is at the bottom of the page.

And here's another: http://www.nitroreader.com/tour/forms.aspx

I am sure there are others. I can't vouch for either of these. They are just the first two I found in a google search. Make sure you have updated anti virus software before downloading anything from the internet.

If you are filing prose, you are going to have a lot of pages to print. You may at least have to buy your neighbor a printer cartridge. You may also be able to get a printer pretty cheaply. I'm guessing that if you are able to save the files, you will print them somewhere that charges by the page? You may find that buying a printer will be just as cheap. Or maybe you can get one of your printers repaired.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Make sure when buying a printer that you consider the cost of your ink/toner refills. Some of the cheapest printers have the most expensive ink/toner.

New Egg has this decent HP printer for under $60 with black ink cartridges under $15: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16828115768
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

I clicked on that printer link and now all of my adds on this site are for printers, including this one that is only $34.99 and uses the same ink cartridge. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ard-_-28115821 It doesn't work as a copier or scanner like the other one.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I needed a printer last year and did a lot of research on ink prices. I took a gamble on a Kodak printer with the "low ink cost" guarantee. I bought the ESP 7250 with the scan/print feature. I didn't need a fax, but there is also a Kodak model that has that feature.

It has turned out to be one of the best purchases I've made in a long time.

Pros: Ink costs $9.95 to 12.95 for the reg black...which is what I use the most and the color is a lower cost as well. It was easy to set up and I've only had 2 paper jams since I got it (which were easy to fix.)

Cons: It prints a bit slower and makes a bit more noise, but that is a small price to pay for the ink savings I'm getting.

DM

Comment

I installed that program. THANKS! That helps!

Comment

I wanted to get the fee waived before I went any further. The idea is to be able to file if I want to. I get a property tax rebate in July. Things are so very tight now. I used change to get my hair cut at the beauty school. Now there is no change to get gallons of water, until the 3 rd. Bah.

I should not complain tho. I have a roof and food... so yay.

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
              You can download free pdf viewers that allow you to save form data. Here's info on one: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/29434...-data-in-pdfs/ A link to download the software is at the bottom of the page.

And here's another: http://www.nitroreader.com/tour/forms.aspx

I am sure there are others. I can't vouch for either of these. They are just the first two I found in a google search. Make sure you have updated anti virus software before downloading anything from the internet.

If you are filing prose, you are going to have a lot of pages to print. You may at least have to buy your neighbor a printer cartridge. You may also be able to get a printer pretty cheaply. I'm guessing that if you are able to save the files, you will print them somewhere that charges by the page? You may find that buying a printer will be just as cheap. Or maybe you can get one of your printers repaired.

Comment

As for printers, go with a laser jet. I have an older HP-1300, and it has been the reliable, easiest to use printer I have had. Every ink jet printer I have since bought (to be able to print in color) has always had issues, were slower, cartridges are expensive and need "frequent" replacement, just a real pain.

As for "printing to PDF", e.g. taking a word document and turning it into a PDF, I use Cute-PDF printer, it is free and doesn't do any "stamp" that designates its as a "free" print.
                Last edited by HHM; 05-28-2012, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Hello everyone.

My brother is coming to visit from out of state. He has a nice printer that is not compatible with his laptop. I asked him to bring it- so this would be a nice printer for free. Even if it wont work on my current lap top- I have a 2nd one that is older.

I am so thankful for your advice. Have a great day!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X