Already getting things in the mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Already getting things in the mail

Wow we just filed last Wednesday and we already got two letters in the mail telling us we can have a loan on a car. No thank you, I have learned my lesson I don't want any more debt. I just don't know how they know so fast about our bankruptcy.

I think some of these companies scout bankruptcy filings. We didn't receive anything that quickly but within three days of filing, we were receiving car loan offers in the mail. We have gotten other things as well, mainly about the financial counseling course but I have taken that where we did our pre filing credit counseling course. Nuts!

Comment

We also got a half dozen or so offers from the 'bankruptcy department' of auto dealers. Credit card offers will following offering to help you rebuild. They know you can't refile for 7 or 8 years. In a lot of cases people have lost their cars. Their motive is profit and not social responsibility. Read with attention to detail and only proceed if you really need the product.
      Lawyer - $3000
      Filing fee - $299
      Fresh Start - Priceless

Comment

See? Everyone says that you won't have any friends left if you file BK. But look at all the people that want to get to know you!

Comment

Just wait until you get the discharge! Many more offers coming your way!

Comment

I have a question: Years ago, I opted out of credit card offers to cut down on junk mail, etc. I just received my Ch 7 discharge last Friday. Is it a good idea to opt back in at this point? I am driving a 12-year old car and will eventually need a new one. I was hoping to wait at least a year, but I may not last that long with this one. Many people have had good experiences with the Capital One "blank check" program. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by MuchTooMuch View Post
              I have a question: Years ago, I opted out of credit card offers to cut down on junk mail, etc. I just received my Ch 7 discharge last Friday. Is it a good idea to opt back in at this point? I am driving a 12-year old car and will eventually need a new one. I was hoping to wait at least a year, but I may not last that long with this one. Many people have had good experiences with the Capital One "blank check" program. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
              You can access the CapOne program from their website - no need to wait for it to come in the mail.

Other than that, I have my own strong opinion about credit cards, etc after BK.

Comment

I don't want to act too quickly, but I do want to at least have a chance to re-build my credit when the time is right...not necessarily with a lot of credit cards, but with one or two tradelines. I thought a car would be a good one, and maybe one or two others. I have no desire to jump back into the credit card hunt. I can use my bank cards for transactions where a credit card is needed in most places. And maybe a store card...? But strictly to rebuild my credit, not for collecting purposes.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X