Co-signer on mortgage , i want to file bk7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Co-signer on mortgage , i want to file bk7

I know my situation is pretty complex but I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me any insight. I co-signed on a mortgage with an ex (we were never married) he has been living there for about 3 or 4 years now.He asked me last year to sign the deed over so he can refinance under his name only. (to which he never did) He tells me he is not going to be able to keep up the payments and is going to let it go into foreclosure. I am not able to make the mortage payments at this time. Will filing bankruptcy help me in any way? I am current on my CC Debt and Car Payments, and I am able afford my monthly payments. But I am not able to pay them down because I have to keep putting gas and grocerys etc on them. Is bankruptcy a fresh start for me, or will I be forced to have a foreclosure on my record. If I am able to file for BK does it remove me from the house if he forecloses on it or do i get slammed with a BK and Foreclosure. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRICIATED!!! Thank you!

A bk is indeed a fresh start. Should you file a Chapter 7, your reponsibilty for the mortgage and any other joint debts as well as your cc debt is discharged.
    Not sure how credit reporting would work.

Comment

Welcome to bkforum, Shippers!

If you can't make ends meet without using credit cards, you should definltey consider BK, even without the mortgage issue.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X