Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Case Discharged / Closed - What next?

Hello all!

Been a lurker forever here. I took the plunge, did the filing, and just saw in PACER that I am discharged/closed! I am more relieved than I thought I would be!

My question -- Transunion still shows some accounts on my credit report (understandable, it was discharged yesterday) -- How do I go about letting them know that? Should I eventually login to my Transunion account and see NO accounts listed? (aside from non-discharged student loans)?

Thanks for all the information I got from here!
    Chapter 7 filed 04/09/2013
    341 Meeting 05/10/2013
    Discharge/Close 07/25/2013

Well, first of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Welcome to the Forum, and your new Financial Freedom Life.
    Here's a little something to start the weekend with:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

As to your question, I'll let someone else answer. We never bothered to check our credit reports until last year--four years after Discharge.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Enjoy the day, and don't worry about the reports. It may take a couple of months for some things to get reported correctly. After six months or so, pull all three bureaus and see what they say. I'd expect them to be accurate after that amount of time; if not, then start the process to make them "right." But for the first few months, don't worry.

Comment

Thank you both AngelinaCat and btbeme! I am so excited haha. You guys have a good day!
        341 Meeting 05/10/2013

Comment

Your accounts should remain on your report 7 years from date of first delinquency (DOFD), but they should all show 0 balance and included or discharged in BK. They may also show delinquent account info such as charged off or lates if they were in that status at the time of filing. Collection accounts should go away.

Congratulations! Great way to start your weekend!

Comment

Congratulations! Don't expect accounts to be removed from your reports. Some may be removed, but they are more likely to report a zero balance and that they were included in BK. Pre BK delinquencies can remain.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Great News!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                Congratulations! Don't expect accounts to be removed from your reports. Some may be removed, but they are more likely to report a zero balance and that they were included in BK. Pre BK delinquencies can remain.
                Thank you all for your information! LadyInTheRed, this question is for you: What do you mean BK pre-delinquencies can remain? I thought the debt accounts were discharged?
                341 Meeting 05/10/2013

Comment

Originally posted by Pjmax View Post
                  Your accounts should remain on your report 7 years from date of first delinquency (DOFD), but they should all show 0 balance and included or discharged in BK. They may also show delinquent account info such as charged off or lates if they were in that status at the time of filing. Collection accounts should go away.

Congratulations! Great way to start your weekend!
                  I'll say, and a 3-day weekend at that! Heinken keg can primed and ready for action! lol
                  341 Meeting 05/10/2013

Comment

Congrat 121. I wish you and yours well.
                    11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Originally posted by spidge View Post
                      Congrat 121. I wish you and yours well.
                      Thank you! I wish you the same and continued good luck with your case!
                      341 Meeting 05/10/2013

Comment

Originally posted by Debtor121 View Post
                        Thank you all for your information! LadyInTheRed, this question is for you: What do you mean BK pre-delinquencies can remain? I thought the debt accounts were discharged?
                        The debts are discharged, but if your creditors reported delinquencies before you filed, that history can remain on your report for seven years. The BK doesn't get rid of the negatives that were on your report before you filed.
                        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Congrats! Enjoy your new start.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                            The debts are discharged, but if your creditors reported delinquencies before you filed, that history can remain on your report for seven years. The BK doesn't get rid of the negatives that were on your report before you filed.

So would the only way to counteract this be to open good credit accounts (the ones I can get, anyway)? Thanks all for the support!
                            341 Meeting 05/10/2013

Comment

Originally posted by Debtor121 View Post
                              So would the only way to counteract this be to open good credit accounts (the ones I can get, anyway)? Thanks all for the support!
                              The effect of old negative accounts diminishes with time even if you do nothing. Having new, positive accounts reporting will help your score recover more quickly. Open one or 2 accounts, charge small amounts each month keeping utilization below 10% of your available credit and pay the entire balance due every month. Be patient. Time is your friend.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X