No announcement yet.

Case Discharged / Closed - What next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You may have problems getting a new account this soon after BK. I have applied twice for 'Bill Me Later' at PayPal, and have been turned down both times.

We also purchased a good used truck earlier this year, and because the three American Name Brand auto dealers in our closest town--owned by the same person--did 'hard pulls' on our credit history, we are paying higher interest rates to our CU, than we should have been. We told the idiot dealerships not to bother with their financing, we were going to go with our CU in any case. But they did it anyway.

We Discharged an Asset CH7 August 2008, and were Closed November 2010.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I wouldn't apply for anything until your credit reports are all correct and showing 0 balance and IIB. It will make a big difference in your scores and approval odds.

Comment

AC & PJ are right. Wait until you are sure your credit reports are up-to-date and correct before you apply for any new credit. No point in having hard pulls on your credit until you have a chance of being approved.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thank you all very much! Very informative, I will stay on top of things!
          Chapter 7 filed 04/09/2013
          341 Meeting 05/10/2013
          Discharge/Close 07/25/2013

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X