top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ch. 7 discharge received. Best course of action to deal with civil judgment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ch. 7 discharge received. Best course of action to deal with civil judgment?

As you all know, I was sued by the law firm of Gurstel Chargo for an old Discover credit card back in September of 2012, which resulted in a judgment in January of 2013. I decided to file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in April of 2013, and have just now received my discharge.

To date, the judgment is still showing on my credit reports as an open judgment, with the amount still owing. The whole purpose of me filing for bankruptcy was to remove all open collections and charge-offs from my credit report, in order to become employable by companies who will check credit history, and will not accept open bad debts/judgments.

Can someone, preferably from Arizona, please explain to me the best course of action for removing the judgment from my credit reports, or at least having it show "satisfied" and zero balance owed?

I think you have to file a motion to vacate.
    Discharged- pro se- chapter 7~!

Comment

I'm from AZ and a similar problem.

I lost a small claims case and it was never reported as paid, even though it was.

I sent a letter showing proof that it was a paid judgment from the courts to all 3 CRA's. Within two weeks time they had updated the listing as paid. I was hoping for a deletion but am somewhat satisfied with the outcome.

Your situation is a little different. I would treat it as an IIB issue. Send the CRA's a copy of your discharge as well as the creditor matrix from the original BK filing to prove it was listed in BK. In all liklihood they will update the judgment as being paid, or the very least, satisfied.

I did this all within the past two months. Currently I am disputing the judgment (online) with all 3 bureaus. They are so messed up I think I have a good chance at a deletion. I had disputed a tax lien that was reporting only to Transunion using the online method and it was deleted rather quickly.

Having the judgment vacated is a whole nother ball game. I decided to shortcut that whole process with some success so far.

Good luck to you.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X