No announcement yet.

Lender filed relief from stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We wrote on our form that we had family to help with car payment if it became necessary.

We reaffirmed both of our vehicles because of the equity we had in them. Our terms were good and it just made sense as we both needed vehicles. Our lender also updated our credit bureau files which (IMO) really helped our credit scores recover quickly. Both were paid off within a year of our completing our BK.

Good luck to you!!
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

So as promised I wanted to follow up once my hearing was held. The judge was so surprised that my lender cut down the principal balance so much and that they cut the rate more than half. She denied everyone in the court that day but me. She agreed that the reaffirmation was in my best interest and told me good job for getting this all done without an attorney. She was impressed . Deadline for discharge is in two days. I can't wait!
      Filed 11/14/13 ____FICO 515
      341 12/23/13 ____FICO 545
      Discharged 03/03/2014

Comment

Congratulations!

Keep in mind that 2/21 is the deadline for objections to discharge. You may or may not receive your discharge on that date. Procedures and timing vary by court.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I am so happy for you, Hopefull! Can't wait until it's time for your discharge hamster dance!
          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X