Filing Pro Se Ch 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing Pro Se Ch 7

I am 31 years old with 2 kids and 2 years ago I had to move back in with my parents because I was pregnant, lost my job, and lost my apt and my car. So I have been here way longer than I thought. I have thought about filing before and just never got around to doing it I see no other options.

I have finally found employment at home jobs. Its not alot of money but its my own and with a little more practice I am sure I can make decent money. So far I have made n more than $300 in the last 3 months doing this- taking care of my kids and parents...just a lot.

I have a system now that I believe will work to max the most money. I have a 2001 car that is paid outright. Do you think I would qualify for a fee waiver. I don't have 500 right now to file.

I live in VA. I want to do this ASAP.

I owe the apartment complex 4k, I have about 10k in medical bills, 10k in student loans- I know this doesn't get discharged, and about another 1-2k in other things such as cell phones, electric bill, etc.

My question is I want to do this Pro Se is this going to be difficult? Is me working as a contractor going to hurt me? I don't get paid per hour I get paid fr articles I write and for doing virtual assistance work and I get paid for each job I do so ard 2.00-4.00 to make a call, to research, etc.
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 01-25-2014, 07:33 PM. Reason: to make a long run-on post easier to read

I may be able to assist you. I can not post a link to my website due to restrictions on this site. Look me up on ****.

Any help that you can do, you need to do here in the public forum and not by attempting to lead someone to another site.

frogger
    Last edited by frogger; 01-26-2014, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Have you checked with your local legal aid society, to see if you might qualify for pro bono filing assistance?

While you're no doubt under your state's median income, with that low of an income, I wonder if you'll have to include your parents' income in the calculations, since you live with them?

Comment

They only make 900 a mnth with pension and soc sec I think I looked that up before. Trying to contact our legal aid is hard but Ill try Monday.

Comment

Hi, I'm not a Pro Se expert or even a BK expert, but just wanted to say welcome to the forum. Things are a little slow here on a Sat. night, but I'm sure the pro folks will be along soon to help you out.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Study all you can. Buy a book and CD rom from amazon. File it yourself. You can waive the file fee if you are poor- but you must file it w/o lawyer to waive that $300 fee.

Between photo copies and materials- I spent $60 total- and this board helped!
              Discharged- pro se- chapter 7~!

Comment

How long does it typically take to finish the paper work? I already found a debt management class I can take online for free and get my cert for free as well or for $5 due to my financial situation. This is my main focus until I get it done

Comment

Any books/ CDs that you recommend? I will order that today or see if my library has them as long as it doesnt cost too much I can get it.

Comment

I just had a bday and I needed a break from my daily work load of taking care of my parents and the kids, etc so I went to a hotel for a few days to get away from a full constant house. And I went out to eat a few times, etc when I turn in my bank statements is this going to be questioned. Also Christmas just passed and both my kids bdays are in Dec so there are things frm that as well. Not a lot my bday was about 300 and their stuff was no more than 200. Is this going to cause a problem?

Comment

1. The Personal Bankrupcy Toolkit, Daniel Sitarz ISBN 978-1-8929424 comes w CD ROM will all the forms.
                      2. NOLO How to file chapter 7

You will need to take 2 online classes. Cheapest I took was consumerbankrupcycounciling.info

If you tell me your email in private- I will email you the CD ROM- per the book. Tho the book is really needed.
                      Discharged- pro se- chapter 7~!

Comment

If you had to choose for right now which one would you say to buy 1st? I see the Toolkit for 4.00 and the other one is a tad bit more expensive but I can purchase it next week. I want to get started ASAP. I have to finish my paper work before I can do the classes correct? I think I sent u a private message...lol..Im new

Comment

Nice of Anykey to offer the CD. I would suggest you read the NOLO book first before you do anything else. If you can find a used one on eBay or Amazon, be sure it's the latest edition.

Is there some reason why you are in a hurry to file? It doesn't appear that you have anything for anyone to take if you are sued. Take your time and read everything you can.

Comment

I personally recommend the NoLo books. I have not used the Personal Bankruptcy Toolkit so I can't comment on how good the toolkit may be. One issue with any of the books is that any of them that has forms on a CD-ROM may be outdated. The forms change from time to time. The best source of the forms is from the U.S. Bankruptcy Court's main website. http://www.uscourts.gov/FormsAndFees...ptcyForms.aspx

The guidebooks are good for helping you determine how to fill out the forms.
                            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

okay....the rush is I am trying to get my life back in some type of order. I live with my parents, I have got to get my life back. I been here for 2 years and I feel like I have been really depressed and just not admitting it. Just filing will make me feel like I am doing something to get back on my feet. thanks everyone for the help so far.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X