No announcement yet.

Filing Pro Se Ch 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I sympathize with your situation, filing BK will not get your life back on track. Get your income up first. You need to be in a better financial situation before you file or you may well be at being in debt very soon after BK. I also understand about wanting to take steps to 'do something.' Researching your BK options and planning smartly, is doing something. IMO, rushing to file is not in your best interest right now.

Are you on an income based plan with your student loans? Are you able to get any kind of part-time job while you build your home business?

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLady30 View Post
      If you had to choose for right now which one would you say to buy 1st? I see the Toolkit for 4.00 and the other one is a tad bit more expensive but I can purchase it next week. I want to get started ASAP. I have to finish my paper work before I can do the classes correct? I think I sent u a private message...lol..Im new
      Grab it and no you can start the class- tho you might need a case number
      Discharged- pro se- chapter 7~!

Comment

I can't do much: move out with my debt and my credit being the way that it is. Any job that I get would have to work around my schedule for my parents that's why I work from home. I can bring home more money since I have the hang of things and things arent as hectic in regards to holidays etc. I have no bills at the moment not a cell phone, not a car payment nothing, but I have all this debt over my head where I can not move forward. Student loan plan is in place of being set up several are in forbearance and a few are defaulted which I am setting up a payment plan for. I am not saying I want to file ridiculous fast but I do want to get the ball moving.

Comment

I sent you the info

Comment

You want to time your filing for when it'll bring you the most benefit.
            You need some sort of basic safety net in place. At a minimum, you and your kids need health insurance. Do you qualify for medicad?

Comment

We are all insured.

Comment

I would think with an income that low you should qualify for quite a bit of government assistance, maybe even subsidized housing. Do or can you get child support?

Comment

I don't want to sound rude, but I fail to see how bankruptcy is going to help you at this time. What you need is a steady income, and bankruptcy won't provide that. Currently, you have nothing which creditors could take--even with a judgment--and it is possible that you may not be sued for the debts. Furthermore, if you file for bankruptcy now, and then incur other debts--such as medical bills for yourself or your kids--then you won't be able to file again for another 8 years.

I suggest that you wait to file until you are gainfully employed, and actually have wages and other property to protect. If you are too poor for bankruptcy, then you're also too poor to benefit from bankruptcy.

Comment

Okay, so I should not file Ch7. I thought this would be a great time to do so since I have no bills and we all have health insurance. Instead of me waiting....wanting or needing (in danger of losing the house) to move out and not being able to do so because of my debt. I will just put it on hold and not do so. Thanks everyone.

Comment

I disagree. I was here 4 years before I formally filed. I learned- and it took me that long- but it prepared me.

Comment

I'm confused, how are you in danger of losing your house if you live with your parents?

Even if you do eventually file pro se, most BK attorneys offer free initial consults. Why not make a few appointments, and get a professional idea of where you stand?

Comment

they are in danger of losing their home.

Comment

I do want to thank everyone for their help I have decided to put it on hold. I will research, learn as much I need to and then file. Either Pro Se or with an attorney. Things will get better and I will be able have more free time to do what is necessary. Thank you all!!!

Comment

Your parents are currently in foreclosure, or may be soon? Many states have an enormous backlog of foreclosures, so the foreclosure process can take quite a while. My mother's house is currently in foreclosure here in Ohio. She hasn't made a mortgage payment in 3 years, and she is still living in her house. It's not uncommon nowadays for a foreclosure to take a year or more to be completed.

I think I have to agree with the others that there it really might not be beneficial for you to file for bankruptcy right now.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X