Chapter 7 and Springleaf Financial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 7 and Springleaf Financial

I have been thinking about filing for awhile and have posted a few times. Most of my debt is debt that was used in my business. I applied for a SBA loan in December and was lead to believe by my SBA loan officer that we were almost guaranteed to get it , so that would have taken care of my debt, we were going to consolidate with the loan. So I felt pretty good about getting the loan, but it was taking a while. So to tide me over I went and borrowed $2000 from Springleaf Financial in March, just to get by until the SBA loan was closed. Well that ended up being a bad idea because the SBA loan fell through at the first of April. So now Chapter 7 is back on the table. But I know that it will set me back a few months becasue I just borrowed the money from Springleaf. Does anyone have any opinion about how long I need to wait before going to see an attorney after borrowing money in March. I know it was a mistake now to do this, but I was almost sure we were going to get the SBA loan. I guess you live and you learn. Please don't tell me what a mistake it was, because I already know. Any opinion would be appreciated.

You can go see an attorney today. Seeing an attorney now does not have any affect on whether that loan was "fraudulent" on the day you took it.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X