Judgement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judgement

MY BK was discharged on 02/06/17. I had a judgment with American Express for 13k. Transunion shows the balance is 0 and "Satisfied" while my Equifax says "filed" as in its not satisfied. Is this something I should contact equifax about, the Civil Court in NJ, or Amex themself? Thank you in advance.

After the bankruptcy discharge you will need to dispute anything in your credit profile that is incorrect. I would dispute the item and hopefully that will correct the entry.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

You need to take a good look at you initial filing paperwork and see if this creditor was listed. The 341 Meeting will be the last chance that they have to lay claim to any money owed or they can petition later but usually are not allowed after that date. I had 6 creditors and one of them was OneMain Financial (formerly Citifinancial), opened up a HELOC for 10k but lost job and they put a lien against my home for an amount that was substantially higher and won the claim. The lien was placed on my Home Title/Deed but the Chapter 13 treated it as "UNSECURE DEBT" and forced them to give up the claim for the excess. I eventually only repaid 8k but did receive a 1099C for the cancelled debt while I was still in the Chapter 13. My Trustee's office gave me the contact number for the IRS Insolvency Division and I was told not to worry about the 1099C because my case was still ACTIVE! So in short, you should check your yearly audit paper work to see if they were listed but not paid because of failure to attend the Meeting of Creditors.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X