Call Forwarding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call Forwarding

Someone mentioned they have a VOIP service that allows individual call forwarding of phone numbers. Anyone know who offers this service?

Every Voip company offers call forwarding but the individual phone number call forwarding is what I'm looking for...

1. www.vonage.com, $24.95 free unlimited calls inside US canada, international 0.35 cents/min

2. www.sunrocket.com, similar price, maybe cheaper..

All VOIP requires either TV Cable internet or DSL cable internet sevice. Easy to setup, including 3-way call, call forwarding to your cell, email notification, online bill, online answering on their servers, etc.

Comment

But can you forward individual numbers? Let's say a number 914-323-4547 calls me. Can I forward that specific number to anywhere I want? I know someone has this but I can't find it.

Comment

Logan, I actually haven't heard of a service that allows you to only foward certain calls from certain numbers (but then again, I haven't really looked, either).

Would this phone line be in addition to your exsiting phone line. If you are having problems with your finances, getting a NEW monthly expense is probably not the way to go, just have caller ID and don't answer calls where you don't recognize the number.

Comment

Someone else posted that had it...I had sun rocket a while back and you could block specific numbers so why not forward specific numbers?

Comment

comcast and timewarners digital phone service offer this service both right now are abt 33 a month for unlimited everything

Comment

Thanks sandhall....looks like I won't be getting it since I have no cable service...

Comment

you don'yt need cable to have their phone service

Comment

I know that when I had AT&T Call Vantage voip service has a feature that is called Call Filter. With that, you can set up a list of up to 20 selected TN's, including pay phones, cell nbrs, toll-free - basically any caller id or incoming call without an id to get special treatment. You options were to forward them to a special number, go to a special recording, get a standard announcement "the party you called is not taking calls from you" or you could set them to just not ring - basically a dead end.

The filtered calls were separate from your list of allowed calls and the forwarding or recorded announcement they would get.

I believe some other voip providers offer this too, but it's not always advertised - you may have to ask about it specifically. You do need a broadband or dsl connection though, but not necessarily cable tv.

Comment

I don't have a residence to get a phone so I figured I'd get a voip number since it can go anywhere...

Comment

I use ATT VOIP and it has some pretty awesome features. You can block individual lines. Or my favorite feature is Do Not Disturb. Key is you leave a message mine says This is ME I am unavailable leave a message after the beep. And to those you actually want to speak to they can press the number 2 and ring into your phone. Or just let everyone go to voice mail...and I get an email and a text message of the person, number, and what the message is that they left so if its someone I want to speak to I call them back. This was very nice when bill collectors were non stop harassing me. I pay about 25.00 a month for this service and its unlimited long distance and many many other features well worth the monies.
                      ~You should always check the source otherwise its just a Tabloid"~Tahnya

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X