AEGIS collection phone conversation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AEGIS collection phone conversation

AEGIS is trying to collect my Amex Blue debt. Not sure if they are calling on behalf of AMEX or whether AMEX sold them the debt. I knew who they were as they'd already mailed me a collection letter about a month ago. Below is my conversation with them. Picked up phone 'cos I knew it was them calling as I could see the caller id and was prepared to forward them to my attorney.

AEGIS: Is this John Doe?
    Me: Yes, who's speaking?
    AEGIS: This is John Smith from AEGIS
    Me: Okay, how may I help you?
    AEGIS: Can you confirm that the last 4 digits of your SSN is 9999?
    Me: Nope, can't confirm that.
    AEGIS: Again, can you confirm that the last 4 digits of your SSN is 9999?
    Me: Sorry can't confirm anything. Do you have a question for me?
    AEGIS: Okay, can you confirm your address is 123 Abcd street?
    Me: Sorry can't confirm anything. Do you have a specific question for me?
    AEGIS: But I need to make sure I am talking to the right person.
    Me: Sorry, don't know who you are and I am not confirming anything. Now, do you have a specific question for me? If not, I don't have time to hang out with you on the phone.
    AEGIS: Okay, thank you for your time.
    Click.

Entire conversation lasted less than 60 secs. Waiting to see when they will call again.

That's too funny, but I'm confused. Why bother to pick up with the intent to forward them to your lawyer and then not do it? Then you wouldn't be waiting to see when they call again...
    BKForum Blog: The Journey

sigpic

Comment

He actually surprised me with the confirmation request. And then he hung up the phone before I could continue and say "oh, by the way here's my lawyer's info .... ".

Comment

Originally posted by Doghouse View Post
        Click.
        I had a very similar call with a collector one day. It was eerily similar to yours. It was probably the same company, LOL.

Anyhow, I told them that they called me and that I don't know who they are. They then said to call them back. I then said... I don't know who you are... anyone can get an 800 number.

It was hilarious... especially when I asked for the website that lists that number.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

AEGIS Hindu?

I just got a call from them, and he wanted me to verrify my address, I told him no, I told him to tell me the information he had and I would tell him if it was correct or not. I then told him that I had retained an attorney to a bankruptcy, he didn't even ask me for his information, he said they were trying to work out a deal with me. I explained that American Express was rude to me, I tried to make a deal with them, they said no, and so I had no choice but to file bankruptcy. I also told them the best deal they could make was to write it off, and take government bailout money and i hung up on him. Then he called me back and i canceled the call. I said I had an attorney and he (against Utah state collections rules) ignored it.

I think i can sue for harassment.

Comment

harassment

Originally posted by BigBoy2U
            Keep us posted on how that harassment lawsuit works for you.
            Im not suing, my attny said untill I actually file there is nothing i can do.

Comment

Originally posted by SpacecapnUt View Post
              I just got a call from them, and he wanted me to verrify my address, I told him no, I told him to tell me the information he had and I would tell him if it was correct or not. I then told him that I had retained an attorney to a bankruptcy, he didn't even ask me for his information, he said they were trying to work out a deal with me. I explained that American Express was rude to me, I tried to make a deal with them, they said no, and so I had no choice but to file bankruptcy. I also told them the best deal they could make was to write it off, and take government bailout money and i hung up on him. Then he called me back and i canceled the call. I said I had an attorney and he (against Utah state collections rules) ignored it.

I think i can sue for harassment.
              I'm surprised explaining they were rude didn't work in your favor. I told a collector that once and he apologized for AmEx and promised never to bother me again.

How do you cancel a phone call?
              Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

you're lucky you got them for AMEX! I have an Amex Blue card, owe about $2200 on it and they closed it and sent it to Nationwide (whoever that is) and they are nasty! I don't know how they got my work number (new job) but they did- and they kept calling me at work. Now i'll say that i work in a traders office- basically there's six of us- 3 on each side of the desk - so we're close together. They kept calling me and asking if this was ___ ____. I'd say yes, who's calling? Then they would say is this ____ ____ ? I'd say that i can't have calls at work, please call my home number. Then they'd say what's that number? I know they already have it. I told them and said i can not have personal calls at work- do not call again. The person got rude and said well, i'll just call you later. And called my work again! I finally called them when i got home- and couldn't get through! Finally i got ahold of someone and told them that i am being called and work and i could get fired for the calls. They said they haven't called me! The nerve... The called more times, and i told them they were violating the fair debt collection practices... But i googled them and there are MANY complaints about them doing these practices. It just really sucks- since it is a new job, and it's investment banking; a little embarrassing to get collection calls.

Oh well, i'm hoping to file in Sept or so. I have to wait because my work is going to send me out to the east coast for training in "october" with no set date yet. I don't want to file and then can make the 341...

[

QUOTE=Doghouse;230915]AEGIS is trying to collect my Amex Blue debt. Not sure if they are calling on behalf of AMEX or whether AMEX sold them the debt. I knew who they were as they'd already mailed me a collection letter about a month ago. Below is my conversation with them. Picked up phone 'cos I knew it was them calling as I could see the caller id and was prepared to forward them to my attorney.

AEGIS: Is this John Doe?
                Me: Yes, who's speaking?
                AEGIS: This is John Smith from AEGIS
                Me: Okay, how may I help you?
                AEGIS: Can you confirm that the last 4 digits of your SSN is 9999?
                Me: Nope, can't confirm that.
                AEGIS: Again, can you confirm that the last 4 digits of your SSN is 9999?
                Me: Sorry can't confirm anything. Do you have a question for me?
                AEGIS: Okay, can you confirm your address is 123 Abcd street?
                Me: Sorry can't confirm anything. Do you have a specific question for me?
                AEGIS: But I need to make sure I am talking to the right person.
                Me: Sorry, don't know who you are and I am not confirming anything. Now, do you have a specific question for me? If not, I don't have time to hang out with you on the phone.
                Click.

Entire conversation lasted less than 60 secs. Waiting to see when they will call again.[/QUOTE]
                Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
                341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
                Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
                Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

My Amex went to NCO who tried to tell me that I would have no hope of discharging my debt with them. They would pursue it, etc. I told the guy good luck with that, gave him my lawyers info and hung up.

Gee..it's been about 5 months since I was discharged. So who's got egg on their face?
                  sigpic
                  Filed - 11/19/08;341 - 12/22/08
                  Discharged - 2/23/09 ;Closed - 3/6/09
                  Got my first post BK credit line - car loan - 4/9/09 On my way to recovery.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X