letter says I owe way more then on credit report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

letter says I owe way more then on credit report

You'll just have to see what the Debt Violation letter says. A credit report is not 100% accurate and unless you're current with a creditor, they are usually inaccurate as to the current balance.

When a debt moves from the creditor to a Collection Agency (CA) or Junk Debt Buyer (JDB), the amount last owed to the creditor, will increase. They tack on various fees.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Yes, they add on fees that so far, in my case, haven't even been explained. I have one collection agency that added on 8000.00 to a 32000.00 balance.
      I have asked several times for an explanation of the difference but the lovely Mary Lou (aka the devil) has yet to explain that to me.

Comment

When you applied for credit, they gave you a document stating the terms, etc. We should save that doc but generally we do not. Over the years, creditors have modified those terms normally and when there is a dispute, they use the most recent version of the document to support there position.
        Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

I still have it. Since I have the original can they not tack on these outrageous charges.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle1980 View Post
            I still have it. Since I have the original can they not tack on these outrageous charges.
            They can. The point is that they send updates at least annually. Your continued use of the line of credit (credit account) specifically means that you agree to the new terms as incorporated!
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle1980 View Post

They probably have sent you a few more of these agreements. If you have a spreadsheet like Excel, you can put in the figures and see what you should be paying. Check the interest. They generally calculate interest wrong and the generally come up with any figure they can for 'extra charges'.
              Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X