Credit Card - Authorized User

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Card - Authorized User

I researched this question on google but only found that an authorized user is not liable to pay charges that are past due/charged off, only the primary card holder since he/she signed the agreement.

However, since my accounts have gone delinquent (ready to file soon), i noticed that one of the Citi accounts charged off is appearing on both my parents credit reports. I must've (stupid me), listed them long ago as authorized users...my mom is a housewife and needed just a card in case and dads credit was limited. I had an 800 score so i figured whats the harm in getting them a card with my financially backing it. Little did i know it would bite me in the butt today. Does anyone know if this can be resolved by disputing on the credit reports? Ive already gone ahead and submitted an online dispute with a reason "not my account, belongs to family member with similar name and/or social". Im guessing this would do it, but does anyone have any other insight on this? Thanks!
    Filed Ch 7 9/28/09
    341 Meeting 10/22/09 (Went well)
    Discharged 12/22/2009!

Every one of my credit cards in which my wife (then girlfriend) was an authorized user one listed all the details of my account on her credit report. The good news is you can have them removed and ask the authorized user to check the credit reports after a couple of months and report it to the credit bureaus if it does not fall out their reports. Make sure they get them off all three bureaus.
    Filed Joint, No Asset, > $100,000 Unsecured Ch.7 6/7/13 ~~ 341 Meeting 7/15/13 ~~ Discharged 9/16/13 !!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X