Allied Interstate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allied Interstate

After a few months of receiving calls from the credit card companies themselves today I got my first one from a collection agency. Allied Interstate, they got nasty real fast! My questions is do I send them a debt validation (?) or just ignore them....also where can I find a good DV letter to send out. What usually happens after they receive the DV? Thanks!!! New to all of this....

Has anyone seen the ooodles of complaints against these people??

These morons just called my cell phone but didn't leave a message. I called the number back....somebody named David answered and I hung up (just wanted to know who it was since I don't get many of these 888 or 800 calls now) and came across this website...soooo...I call them back and the line goes dead before it can even ring.....strange. very strange.

Comment

I am about to sue them. I sent a DV that they signed for, said I wanted arbitration (it is still with the OC) and to cease all phone calls. In the five days since they have received the mail (CMRRR of course) they have called 47 TIMES!

Not to worry, let's do some math. 47 x 1500 (willful violation on the cell phone per TCPA) + 1000 FDCPA + Texas state laws = a boatload of trouble for both them and GE Money (who hired them.) I am sending my intent to sue with a complaint to both Allied and GE Money.

Definitely DV them. And put in a cease telephonic communication as well. They will violate plenty in the meantime and perhaps you can make a little bit of cash and/or make a debt go buh-bye.
      First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

Originally posted by flyinbroke View Post
        I am about to sue them. I sent a DV that they signed for, said I wanted arbitration (it is still with the OC) and to cease all phone calls. In the five days since they have received the mail (CMRRR of course) they have called 47 TIMES!

Not to worry, let's do some math. 47 x 1500 (willful violation on the cell phone per TCPA) + 1000 FDCPA + Texas state laws = a boatload of trouble for both them and GE Money (who hired them.) I am sending my intent to sue with a complaint to both Allied and GE Money.

Definitely DV them. And put in a cease telephonic communication as well. They will violate plenty in the meantime and perhaps you can make a little bit of cash and/or make a debt go buh-bye.
        Also before you file the lawsuit against them, file a complaint against against them with your state's attorney general office.

In Arizona, you can file a complaint against them at:

Arizona Department of Financial Institutions

File a complaint form here...

I did this, and then the debt collector received a letter directly from the Arizona government, and the phone calls instantly ceased.

I also used a copy of this formal government letter to get a settlement offer from the creditor. I told them I had a good case against them, showed them the letter, sent along a CD of their dated and recorded phone calls, and it got them to settle.
        Last edited by GoingDown; 05-13-2010, 02:40 PM.
        The world's simplest C & D Letter:
        "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
        Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X