A AMEX funny...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A AMEX funny...

I have two separate accounts with Amex, a gold card and a revolving card. Today I received 3 letters in the Mail from them...The first two stated, that I had 5k+ membership points and all I had to do is pay in account in full (or up-to-date the revolving) by 2/10 and they would immediately process the redemption of these points! Anyone familiar with the amex points knows that 5K+ will get you practically nothing...the second was concerning my gold card and it said that if I paid the outstanding balance by february 2010 they would upgrade me to a optima card free of charge! I guess they are thinking this is good marketing to get someone to pay???? I just thought this was all funny!!! I am delinquent on your accounts and you are offering to upgrade me and redeem my points????

They are batshit crazy!
    Attorney Retained/Paid: 1-4-10
    Online CCC-Completed & Cert Received: 1-8-10
    Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.
    341 3-10-10 ~~~ Last Day to Object: 5-10-10

Comment

They will say or do anything to get your money, won't they? I shot down BoA's "special deal" which only lowered the minimum by 40 bucks. Woo hoo, hold me back. They have been ringing me off the hook. In a week I may take the call, say I have not won the Lotto in the past two weeks and see what the offer is.
      First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

If only stupidity were painful.....
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I am depressed. I have not been offered a sooper kool card to replace the one I haven't used as I opted out of ridonkulous interest raises.
          First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

It cost me 70,000 points to buy a Movado watch. I think 5,000 points would get you a $50 gift certificate to most places.

To find the value of your AMEX Membership Rewards points... just divide your point balance by 100 to figure out "equivalent cash value".
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

so I guess maybe they are thinking that I will sell my first born to settle these accounts so I can redeem my points!!!!

p.s. if it is worth about $50.00 that wouldn't even buy a decent dinner for two in my area!!!!

Comment

I think I had 25K points on one of my awards cards. It got me 125 bucks in cash, some minor electronic doodads or 150 to put toward my balance. Maybe it got 50 bucks to select eateries.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X