Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the winner is!

CHASE BANK USA

They sued first. Just like I was told on here.

No more DV'ing for me, the post office will miss me for sure.

Initiate big red button

Good to know. I am still paying my defunct Chase card. It is a teeny minimum, I don't owe that much.
    First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

Originally posted by optimistic1 View Post
      CHASE BANK USA

Initiate big red button
      That made me laugh so hard.

It is the ultimate weapon-- BK

How long did it take in between your first missed payment and the lawsuit?
      The world's simplest C & D Letter:
      "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
      Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

lol... you need to change your screen name to Debtonator.

Comment

lol, i dont know if I will file an answer or not, I called the court where it was filed and they said answered suits are taking a year or more to go through. hmmmm, I could possibly continue to hide out, I am being hunted like a rabid animal now.

Comment

I would answer. For sport. But I have a nasty mean streak sometimes.

Comment

They sued right in the nick of time, our 6 month look back is pretty bleak in terms of income, so it'll be a cut and dry Ch.7 or a nice low payment 3 year Ch.13 for me.

They charged it off, but held on to it, I don't see why they even bother, like fish and a barrel really.

Comment

Fish. Barrel. That is what they hope for. They hope you will either blow them off, leading to a default win or that you get all panicked and pay them now.

I noticed in our civil dockets not one suit from GE or Citi. A smattering from BoA but most were businesses (a couple of men, but they were DBAs). Same with AMex. Chase, however, went after everyone and comprised about 75 percent of the plaintiffs on the docket. I guess they are riding high on their record profits and feeling cocky.
                First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

I also have a card with Chase.

How long did you go without paying before they sued?

Comment

interesting. i had 5 Chase's and they were the quietest of all. it was Citi that went to the Mat on me. If your in So. cal, Chase has some corporate lawyers in L.A. that go after everything. thats probably who served you.
                    Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

I am up to over 23k(after padding with fees) with Chase Visa and another 3k on another of their card. I feel left out. Bring it on.

CHASE BANK USA

Initiate big red button

Comment

I am expecting the same from Chase.

Not exactly sure when of course, but I feel it in my bones, so to speak. They've sent me the only threatening letters of all my creditors and they call up to 13 times in a single day. The last phone call was all about the lawsuit floor upstairs that i would be transferred to if I did not arrange payment.

They have also offered the only settlement, unsolicited by me. I told them I would think about it. I think it may also be because it is the acct I've had the shortest time. Others are much, much longer that I've had the card.

Comment

Well I am calling a lawyer today, maybe they can file the answer for me so I can stall them another 6 months. When you start sending out cease and desist letters, they get cocky. They passed it around from CA to CA, then I got a letter about two months ago from a local firm. I sent a DV, and they were pretty fast with answering, then they filed suit. It took over a year for them to go this route.

I have all my stuff ready to go, I just need to pay a retainer and get the ball rolling.

I had fun along the way and learned alot about consumer rights, lots of good people and info on this site.

@Albacore,

Yes, they were pretty quiet along this journey, that is what scared me the most.

Comment

Perhaps it is time to change your legal name to turnip. Then let them try to squeeze that blood out of you.

That big shiny red button solves so many problems. Good luck!
                            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Well I am calling a lawyer today, maybe they can file the answer for me so I can stall them another 6 months. When you start sending out cease and desist letters, they get cocky. They passed it around from CA to CA, then I got a letter about two months ago from a local firm. I sent a DV, and they were pretty fast with answering, then they filed suit. It took over a year for them to go this route.

I have all my stuff ready to go, I just need to pay a retainer and get the ball rolling.

I had fun along the way and learned alot about consumer rights, lots of good people and info on this site.

@Albacore,

Yes, they were pretty quiet along this journey, that is what scared me the most.
                              For the record, which Law firm was it that Filed ??
                              Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X