Google Voice and collections.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Voice and collections.

My wife and I are going to bk 7 and we owe about 80K in debts. She's disabled now due to health issues.

But now on to google voice. I have one phone number my google voice and all the calls go to it. I have a list of phone numbers that are allowed to transfer to my cell phone (my only phone) the collections go to voicemail and then I get the mms of what the message is. I also get it in email.

Apply for a google voice number and never talk to another person you don't want to.

Yep. Google voice is great to have!
    This isn't legal advice. It is just informational based on my experiences through the process, and some of the lessons I've learned.

Comment

Google Voice sign up is only by invite only. I heard of GV on this site and wanted to get it but I figured getting an invite would be remote. Just a couple days I got an email from Google Voice with an invite! I guess having a Gmail account does have its perks. GV is convenient and easy.

Comment

Google Voice

I've got a couple of invites if anybody needs one. PM me an email and I'll send them.
        Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Google Voice is now open to everyone, no invites required

June 22, 2010

Google Voice, the popular and often controversial VoIP, voicemail, and messaging service from Mountain View search giant Google is now open for anyone in the U.S. to use.

Previously, you could only open a Google Voice account if you received an invitation from a user already participating in the program.

In May, Google opened the program to anybody with a .edu mail account, giving students and educators a shot at it.

But with already over one million users in the invitation-only version, Google has opened Voice to anyone.

"We're proud of the progress we've made with Google Voice over the last few years, and we're still just scratching the surface of what's possible when you combine your regular phone service with the latest web technology. It's even more amazing to think about how far communication has come over the last couple hundred years," Google said today.

Google Voice, the popular and often controversial VoIP, voicemail, and messaging service from Mountain View search giant Google is now open for anyone to use.
          Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
          Attended 341 September 2010
          Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

Thanks keepinitreal! That's great news for everyone!
            This isn't legal advice. It is just informational based on my experiences through the process, and some of the lessons I've learned.

Comment

Well, maybe not great news for debt collectors.

Comment

here's a link to sign up:

Google Voice gives you one number for all your phones, voicemail as easy as email, no charge US long distance, low rates on international calls, and many calling features like transcripts, call blocking, call screening, conference calling, SMS, and more.
                ==================================
                Filed: 4-30-2010
                341 Complete: 6-16-2010
                Discharged and Closed 8/17/2010

Comment

Just got one a hour ago, I effing love this thing. It's better than using a prepaid phone (cheaper too, seeing as it's free). And it gives me a number to give out publicly and not worry about telemarketing.

Hope Google doesn't kill it, or make it pay-per-call in the future (ala Skype) this is a great, great, GREAT, service.

Comment

I loved it when the collectors would call. I would always make a personal greeting for each new caller and I had fun with it. One I really was proud of went:

"Hello Citibank, This is Elmer Fudd, nope I still don't have any money to send you but I will get back in touch when I do. Have a super day!"

Comment

I think I'm going to go with "Hello...hello...oh crap, is this voicemail working? Hello..."

Comment

Just make sure you clearly identify yourself so they wont start calling family and friends.

Comment

Does not work with T-mobile prepaids....fyi. May not work with other prepaids.
                          First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

Originally posted by flyinbroke View Post
                            Does not work with T-mobile prepaids....fyi. May not work with other prepaids.
                            It does work with my NET10 prepaid phone.
                            Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
                            Attended 341 September 2010
                            Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

Didn't work with one Tracfone, worked with the other newer model.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X