Google Voice and collections.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyinbroke View Post
    Does not work with T-mobile prepaids....fyi. May not work with other prepaids.
    It works just fine with T-Mobile prepaid. What you mean is that T-Mobile prepaid won't let you forward your T-Mobile prepaid number to your Google Voice number. If you want to use Google Voice as your one/only number, and no one will be calling your cellphone directly, then there's a simple fix. Call up customer service. Tell them to completely remove voicemail. Probably 80% of the time they'll tell you how to deactivate it, this isn't what you want. You will probably need to tell them that tech support will have to do it (just fyi, tech support IS able to set your account to forward to a GV number, but they may not be willing to). Anyways, tech support will completely remove voicemail from your account. Now, when someone calls the number directly and you don't answer, they'll get an error message (The wireless subscriber you have called is not currently available, try again later - or something to that effect). Google Voice is smart enough to know that it's a message saying you're not available, and will simply give up and direct the caller to your GV voicemail.
    Standard disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer. I am an idiot. Do not take my advice. I am not responsible for what happens if you blindly follow an idiot's advice. Blah blah and more legal stuff.

Comment

If you have comcast cable and use them for your phone they have a similar feature. You can log on and select certain numbers you want to go straight to VM. We are not over 30 days on anything so we are not getting calls but if we do I will set them to VM.

Comment

It worked great today. Cap 1 called 5 times, and I didn't have to deal with them once. Just had the numbers shunted to the dedicated "in box" and went on with my day and my blood pressure a lot lower.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X