Are you calling about the ad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you calling about the ad?

Just wanted to share something that may bring a chuckle to those in need of one..
    I have been avoiding collectors like the plague.. but one caught me the other day..
    When they called i immediately realized after I answered the phone that it was a collecter and so I said:
    "hey its HARVEY (fake alias)" - me
    "Are you calling about the ad?" - me
    "Umm... what ad?" - collector
    "The Craiglist ad for baby stuf" - me
    "no, im looking for deadbeat" - collector
    "sorry - you got Harvey.. are you interested in a used car seat or travel crib?" - me
    "no.. we're looking for deadbeat, do you know him" - collector
    "nope, do you think he may want a used car seat or othe baby item" - me
    "sorry Harvey, we must have the wrong number" - collector
    "No prob.. if you ever need a used car sear or crib, you know where to go" - me
    "ok thanks.. sorry for the inconvenience" - collector

It's the little things in life that get us through these times.

I've been known to go "Joker" on some of them in the past. Just start spouting off Joker lines from the comics and laughing like a mad man.

I know its not "kosher" to play games with these guys, but when you're already on the bottom of the barrel and you're laying there bloody, broken, and clawing for a way out, you've got have some joy in your day.

Comment

pretty funny.

One time I pretended to be a collection agency, since I knew all the jargon they use, but they didn't play along with me at all.

What seems to work best on them is to discuss your latest bowel movement with them. And don't let them switch the subject away from your topic. It has never failed for me yet.

But most of the time, the best course of action is to just hang up on them immediately or better yet, just don't answer the phone and let it go to voice mail.

They are pros at getting information out of debtors. And they will use that information against you.
      The world's simplest C & D Letter:
      "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
      Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

I just tell them 'deadbeat' will be here at 6:00 PM - can I take a message?
        Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

For a while I borrowed my son's answering machine which had a bibical mssage on it. I think they hung up in shock as I had no 'responses'. I had to stop that as I am looking for a job but it was great while I did it. Now I just have the ringer off and just get their 'call me' responses. Can't wait till I can finally afford to file!

Comment

A former coworker had her bills changed over to the number of her husband's Commander''s Office when the guy was on deployment.

Comment

Well I had fun the last month with my creditors. It got to be fun the last week or two. I do like your response though. The only calls I get now are for other people who have creditors calling them. For months a creditor keep calling for someone else. Finally I said what is you company name, what is the account you are calling about, and should I add you to my BK matrix. I said since I just filed, maybe I should add this person's creditors to my BK. I then told them if they did not stop calling me asking for someone who I did not know I was going to have to report them to my lawyer and file a motion of abuse. I think it took about 6 months to get the calls to stop.
              Chapter 7 filed on 4/23/2010
              341 meeting on 5/28/2010
              Discharged on 8/19/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X