'Resurgent Capital Services L.P.' as Junk Debt Buyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Resurgent Capital Services L.P.' as Junk Debt Buyer

Just received 3 letters today informing me in each that "ownership of your account has been transferred from Chase Bank USA,N.A. to LVNV Funding LLC."

So, I asume that 'Resurgent Capital Services' (Greenville, SC) is a junk debt buyer.

Appears, as per their 'Privacy Notice', that 'Resurgent Capital Services L.P.' is part of the "Sherman Companies", consisting of 21 other companies not including 'Resurgent C.S'....along with that I believe my 'Privacy' is now well distributed all over the world.....lol

All I can say: ' Take a Number & Good luck collecting on investment'.......

Have been given the customary 30 days to "dispute the validity of this debt or any portion thereof "

LVNV Funding LLC. is the mother ship of the Sherman empire. They will send your debt to many of their other JDB's over the next 5 years or so. It's common to have LVNV let a half a dozen of their subsidiary companies have a shot at you. Every time they assign your debt to another of their many JDB's, you need to start over with any cease and desist and FDCPA requests. I have some debt that is on #5 LVNV JDB company - it means nothing unless you have non-exempt assets and they are licensed in your state to sue you. Most of their JDB's can only send you settlement letters and jump up and down until they wear themselves out.
    “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by WhatMoney View Post
      LVNV Funding LLC. is the mother ship of the Sherman empire. They will send your debt to many of their other JDB's over the next 5 years or so. It's common to have LVNV let a half a dozen of their subsidiary companies have a shot at you. Every time they assign your debt to another of their many JDB's, you need to start over with any cease and desist and FDCPA requests. I have some debt that is on #5 LVNV JDB company - it means nothing unless you have non-exempt assets and they are licensed in your state to sue you. Most of their JDB's can only send you settlement letters and jump up and down until they wear themselves out.
      __________________________________________________ _______________________
      Thanks 'WhatMoney'. Everything I have (very little...) is exempt.

Comment

I had these people after me for awhile. And yes, they will use a lot of different collection agencies to try to collect the debt. You have to keep sending a new cease and desist letter to each one. But they eventually gave up on me. They did a series of hard pulls on my credit reports and called my previous employers and even called my landlord about me before giving up. I guess they finally figured that it wasn't worth coming after me with a lawsuit. They never sued me.
        The world's simplest C & D Letter:
        "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
        Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X