top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Failed to comply with the information subpoena.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to file for bankruptcy by the end of year and I don't have to wait but still trying to gather more information about the process. If I can find affordable lawyer then I will go that way and if not then I might file pro se.

Comment

Originally posted by Pjmax View Post
      Tobee, there was one time I received a notice of Motion, from the court and atty, with a hearing date of sometime in Jan. which I was preparing to attend. The first week in Dec. I received a 'failure to appear' notice, with all kinds of scary threats of arrest, contempt charges and the sheriff will come and inventory my property, etc. I called the court, and was told the date was changed to something like Dec. 4. When asked why I wasn't notified, the reply was: 'well, you should have received a postcard.' I did not. Eventually the postcard arrived, noting the change in court date. I received it a week after the new date.
      it happens all the time. and, unfortunately, like i said, most of the civil court judges there just rubber stamp the suppose it "no shows" and grant the motion for judgement on the spot.

i was always so appalled by this so called sense of justice. by the way mostly effecting the poor and slightly educated, however, as you have experienced no one is immune to that system. like i said being in nj is many times like being on a different planet. (although i miss the pizza!)

i would have some general discussion with my brother in law who is superior court judge (a very fair and impartial one from what i have heard) in the another state, and when i would tell him these stories he would say. oh, no, that can't do that....i would respond but they do. oh, no...they absolutely CANNOT do that... that would NEVER fly here. i had to explain to him entire COWS fly in nj.

all i would say is wish you were here!! LOL!!!
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X