top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

?Writ of Garnishment Lists Wrong Bank....Should I respond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?Writ of Garnishment Lists Wrong Bank....Should I respond?

I got a writ of garnishment on a bank account that isn't mine. In fact, I don't even have a bank account at the moment, haven't for more than a year. I have until Wednesday to respond.

I'm afraid this may be a relatives account. Should I respond to the Writ, answering to the court that they have the wrong bank account? This creditor seems lost, using wrong identifiers in trying to locate assets; I would rather not help them in anyway, but I don't want a relatives account being garnished.

Any suggestions on how I should respond?

@seattle - I deleted your duplicate thread. Please only post the topic one time.

And in my opinion, let them garnish away. It's not your problem.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by seattle View Post
      I got a writ of garnishment on a bank account that isn't mine. In fact, I don't even have a bank account at the moment, haven't for more than a year. I have until Wednesday to respond.

I'm afraid this may be a relatives account. Should I respond to the Writ, answering to the court that they have the wrong bank account? This creditor seems lost, using wrong identifiers in trying to locate assets; I would rather not help them in anyway, but I don't want a relatives account being garnished.

Any suggestions on how I should respond?
      If you think this is a family members account, I'd try and straighten it out before it affects them.

Comment

You might give the relative a little heads-up about this matter, so they can decide what they want to do about it, but it is not up to you to do anything to stop the judgment creditor from making a (costly) mistake.

If you don't have a checking account, there is NOTHING they can get out of you in terms of checking account garnishment.

Are your wages safe from garnishment?
        The world's simplest C & D Letter:
        "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
        Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X