In Hardship Program - OC now has CA contacting me - how do i handle to CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Hardship Program - OC now has CA contacting me - how do i handle to CA

My first post - my Chapter 13 is going well, however this was a debt not included because it is in my ex-husband's name.

I entered into a hardship program with Bill Me Later that was approved on 3 January 2013. I have made the $24 payments as agreed to. Then on 5 Feb 2013 I get a collection letter from ACI. Stating that the account has been placed with them. I can still access the bill me later account on line and my payments are posted every two weeks, just as i promised.

What should i do to get this CA to leave me alone?

Thanks!

Demand that they contact the OC since you are in a payment plan with the OC and are current with them. Aside from that, why are you paying your ex-husbands bills? I would have gone with the whole, "I'm in bankruptcy, here's the case number" to start with. In reality, it may work for this CA anyhow... tell them you're in bankruptcy, here's the case... leave me alone.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

It was a bill that was mine - just in his name - i agreed to pay it in the divorce. Will be paid for in June/July.

Comment

Ahhh... part of a divorce settlement agreement. This makes sense. I would still tell the CA to stop and refer back to the OC.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

That is basically what i have done - sent the CA a cease and disist with a copy of the orginal acceptance of the hardship. Then sending OC a copy of all I am sending the CA - sending both Certified - Return Receipt Requested.

Thanks!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X