Can I keep my House?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I keep my House?

Just getting started on the ch.7 path. In Az the Homestead law to keep your house permits up to 150k. I owe nothing on my property and suspect it's worth between 135-160k therefore putting me right on the cuff. Will the trustee just automatically order an appraisel on the property?
    Has anyone been in a similar scenario.

The Trustee will only order an appraisal if they find your appraisal suspect. Since you own it outright, I'm sure your attorney will highly highly recommend getting a full residential appraisal (on Form URAR). This will keep the Trustee from wanting to get his/her own appraisal. Hopefully, your exemptions cover the value.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I read on another post (not this one) where an attorney suggested the person not even waist his or her money on an appraisal prior to filing bk and just let the trustee decide wether he wants an appraisal ordered. I tend to agree with you and feel like maybe I should order it and get it over. I guess I should 1st consult with my attorney. Thx.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X