bk foreclosure of home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BassBoy View Post
    My understanding is that the title should change hands within 30 days. I don't know if you'll actually receive documentation of this transfer, but it should be known that your done with this matter.

Here's hoping everything remains well. Remember, no news is good news.
    ty BassBoy i hope were done lol this is rediculous already... just got 06/07 school taxes due in the mail for this home i mean dont they know it is not our home no one lives there geeesh everyone should have gotten documentation in the mail when we filed right? Plus i got a 05 tax due and if not paid wage garnishment will be done this was discharged my god enough already, i called them they want me to send them copies of the bk!??? am i suppose to do this? Between the atty for this case and these certified collection people im ready to screem stop being lazy and do your job lol i mean isnt that why we paid all this money in the first place to avoid all this crap?its like pay me the money ok your discharged even though all isnt cleared im all done with you now...geesh

Comment

Originally posted by SinkingFast View Post
      You can actually look up the Recorder of Deeds office for you County on the Net. Give them a call and tell them you're wanting to know about the deed on your former home. The Recorder of Deeds will tell you if the Deed/Title has been transferred or not.

When we sold our house, we didn't get a lien release from the county. So I checked with the Recorder of Deeds. So that's a place for you to check.
      great idea! ty so much... i will give it a lil more time so it is over 30days from the sale. i did find out that it didnt sell it went back to the bank. as for the process after that im uncertain.

Comment

just an update im stilllllllllll waiting for the dang title to get out of our name! This is rediculous im guessing at this point they are just dragging there feet purposly to tortue us. is there something we can do?

Comment

Need some input

Ok still in our name? Is there any law or procedure that they have a max of so many days to get the title transfered over to them after a sheriff sale? This is rediculous our bk was in 12/05 house included and dishcharged.
          We were told we were free and clear of it BUT now i see the title still in our names its so frustrating i mean how you suppose to move forward with this hooked like a ball and chain on our ankles...
          once again it went thru sheriff sale already and the bank now ownes it.
          As a matter of fact they have a realator trying to sell it. On the realtor paperwork it says bank owned. Yet the bank didnt change the title over to them... please advise. my health isnt that grand and the stress from this isnt helping. Im starting chemo next month and i dont want to have to worry about all this crap any longer i only want to worry about healing.
          thank you soooooo much...

Comment

I hope you return to good health soon Spiritwovles.

As an FYI, as you continue to check the Redorder's Office, the next document you may see filed is an ENTRY CONFIRMING SALE AND ORDERING DEED AND DISTRIBUTION. This should be about 4 pages long and will have information about the sale and who gets what $$ amount.

The deed may not be transferred to the lender as of yet, but the paperwork is more than likely in the works. As for how much longer until the transfer happens is basically up to how quick the lender moves.

Hang in there Spiritwovles. This will be over soon enough.
            Bankruptcy History:
            Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
            Discharged - 02/16/2006
            Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

Deficiency judgment and claiming BK.

If you get a foreclosure, and they sell for a loss you owe a deficiency- can that deficiency be wiped out by filing BK? Or, do you need to file BK BEFORE the deficiency happens?

Comment

Originally posted by SamanthaJones View Post
                If you get a foreclosure, and they sell for a loss you owe a deficiency- can that deficiency be wiped out by filing BK? Or, do you need to file BK BEFORE the deficiency happens?
                It's best to file before the deficiency happens, but if you can't then you absolutely should NOT sign a reaffirmation agreement for the mortgage when you do file.
                Last edited by lrprn; 03-15-2007, 07:58 PM.
                I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Bassboy

thank you so much im going to keep on this and see what happens, hopfully soon this will all be processed...
                  ty for the goodhealth wishes too

Originally posted by BassBoy View Post
                  I hope you return to good health soon Spiritwovles.

As an FYI, as you continue to check the Redorder's Office, the next document you may see filed is an ENTRY CONFIRMING SALE AND ORDERING DEED AND DISTRIBUTION. This should be about 4 pages long and will have information about the sale and who gets what $$ amount.

The deed may not be transferred to the lender as of yet, but the paperwork is more than likely in the works. As for how much longer until the transfer happens is basically up to how quick the lender moves.

Hang in there Spiritwovles. This will be over soon enough.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X