top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I find if I have a “filed” Notice Of Default?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I plan to go the courthouse next week, to see if my mortgage lender “Bank of America” has filed a NOD for me. Which courthouse should I go to, and exactly how should I ask the clerk for this information? I am thinking that my NOD may have been filed this week . . . yet it could have been filed anytime between October 2010 to March 11, 2011. I live in Los Angeles, California (in Los Angeles county).

Thank you.

Max

Most states have those types of records available online. I believe it is a "Lis Pendens" doc your looking for. Look online - it would be your county. I know it is for Florida - not sure anywhere else.

Comment

Thanks Df04527. I do see that there is some sort of Los Angeles courthouse government website, where there is some sort of online service available to find court case information, however they charge a fee for it. Yet since I do not know if it would be the information that I am looking for, I will go to the courthouse, and hopefully I can find out for sure. Yet hopefully, I will end up at the right courthouse and NOT find anything.

Thanks much.

Max

Comment

www.recontrust.com. If BofA has filed a noticed of default, you will find it here along with the scheduled sale date. The site is updated daily.

Comment

Interesting information badhouse.

Comment

Thanks Badhouse, and Slam22. I appreciate your help and input.

Max

Comment

Looks like you found out where you can find out if Bank of America is foreclosing. But, for your info and others interested in the California foreclosure processs:

Most foreclosures in California are not judicial foreclosures, so nothing will be filed in the court. A notice of default is recorded at the County Recorder 60 days before the foreclosure process can move forward. A notice of sale is recorded at least 14 days before the foreclosure sale. But, you would have to be given notice of the sale 20 days before the sale by both mail and the posting of notice at your property. So, you will know if a foreclosure is pending. The process is outlined at http://www.foreclosure.com/statelaw_CA.html

You can search for recorded documents by going to your County Recorder's office (not, the courthouse). But, many counties allow you to search for recorded documents online for free. Los Angeles charges you for a search. https://paymentsolutions.lexisnexis....unty_registrar. Sometimes you can get a friendly person at the county recorders office to give you info over the phone. This is more common in smaller counties than in the metropolitan areas.
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thank you very much Ladyinthered. I appreciate your additional input and comments. They were a big help.

I apologize in my long delay in getting back to you, but I have been dealing with a lot of family and personal business/problems for almost the past two months (most of it centered on my foreclosure problems). So now that things are settling back down once again, I am trying to catch back up on all of the internet forums I belong to. Yet during the time that I have been away from this forum, my family has been trying to help me financially to get out of my foreclosure mess I got myself into. Finally during the first week of this month, my foreclosure has fallen off some of the major online foreclosure listings. WHEW!!! Yet I know that it will take some time to totally get out of my foreclosure mess, yet at least I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Yet, since it took time to get myself into this mess, I know that due to the seriousness nature of this problem, it will take time to get out of this mess.

Thanks a MILLION for your help :-)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X