Longest wait for foreclosure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longest wait for foreclosure?

For those of us who want foreclosure to happen, I'm just curious about who has been waiting the longest so I thought I'd start a little thread. How long & what bank?

Us: 2 years 3 months since last payment, BofA

Bank of America, 2 years 6 months since last payment. Last payment Dec 2008, Foreclosure judgement Sept 2009, 1st sale date March 2010, postponed 6 times, cancelled twice - most recently November 2010. Nothing since. House has been vacant for 2 years June 4th.

I've called, faxed, emailed, begged and pleaded for them to lift the hold on the foreclosure sale. Still nothing.

But still paying HOA fees monthly (for last TWO AND A HALF YEARS!) and paying someone to cut the grass each summer so we don't get fined by HOA. And someone broke in last week, just to have a look around I guess, so we had to pay to have door padlocked shut.

It's hard to just move on when you can't move on.

Comment

Originally posted by LookingFrwrd View Post
      But still paying HOA fees monthly (for last TWO AND A HALF YEARS!)
      Ouch! All I can say is that really, really sucks.

Comment

Bank of America....last payment March 2008. No Notice of Default to date.
        Filed Ch 7 - 6/30/08
        341 Meeting - 7/31/08
        Discharged - 9/30/08
        Closed (finally) - 2/10/09

Comment

We are in a similar situation. Bank of America started foreclosure proceedings in 05/09. Nothing yet. I am calling the law firm handling the foreclosure and will let you know what they say.

Chapter 7 BK discharged 4/09. We surrendered the house as part of Chapter 7. Now we want to purchase a home and because the foreclosure hasn't occurred, we cannot obtain an FHA mortgage because of the 3 years seasoning rule.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

bearstrio: please do keep us informed. I'd be curious about what your lawyer says/advises. I've heard of cases where people try to force the bank to take the house back, but I've not heard of this working.

Sorry your new home purchase plans are being held up by this "wonderful" bank.

Comment

Do you have a lawyer fighting the foreclosure to stall it? Have you filed Bk already?

We stopped paying in April 10', b of a filed suit in Aug. 10', the only thing we have heard from them is getting papers in the mail for a modification. We havent filed BK. Im afraid that would speed up the process of the foreclosure.

Comment

Originally posted by StEt0417 View Post
                Have you filed Bk already?
                Yes - filed 5/09 - discharged 8/09 - case finally closed last week. Trustee was trying to sell the house short, but finally gave up after two years. (see my other posts for that saga). The last we heard from BofA was Nov 2009 - a letter stating that they intended to start foreclosure proceedings. That was the last communication about it. From the other replies to this thread, I'd say BofA is definitely taking it's sweet time with everything.

Comment

last payment with BofA was 7/09 no NOD as of yet just computer generated statements for both 1st and 2nd and just received letter of denial for MHA since I refused to resend the paperwork again. house in Chap 7 discharged 2/11 filed 9/10

Comment

My attorney was useless. I contacted an attorney friend of mine and he said that the foreclosure was dismissed without predjudice in Feb 2011 because the paperwork was screwed up. Another attorney friend of mine suggested that we contact the law firm for BoA and ask that they dismiss the foreclosure and we give them a deed in lieu. Does this make sense to anyone???? I don't want to incur large legal bills fighting this but it looks like I may have to hire another attorney to help me.

Comment

Wow is about all I can say. Us: BOA, 14 months since last payment. Nothing on the first but for the HELOC, they processed default insurance and were paid on that through an insurance company so now my second is with the insurance company.
                      CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
                      Discharged: 7/25/12

Comment

3 years approx. 7 months..........and still holding. Chase hasn't budged and the statue of limitations to transfer ownership of the deed, in the state that property is in, is 20 years. we figure, most likely, it will never go into foreclosure since we at this point, know it's either the paper work must be messed up, and or, the floods destroyed the house and it's unrepairable. we don't know anymore, nor really care!!

we dont' think they will ever foreclose...ever.

p.s. the house also was an FHA with PMI and Chase hasn't even put a claim in to FHA according to them and why? because there is a process that Chase must follow to collect on the PMI and one of those is the foreclosure, provided Chase has or had all their ducks in a role, there is not reasonable or logically sense they would not attempt to collect on the PMI; unless there is some type of problem with the property either with the property itself, or the paperwork. who knows???
                        Last edited by tobee43; 06-03-2011, 06:22 AM.
                        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by slam22 View Post
                          Bank of America....last payment March 2008. No Notice of Default to date.
                          that's really interesting since so many people from calif. get that NOD quick as can be???? odd how they pick and chose which goes first and or maybe you have the same problem as we do and the bank doesn't have the back up or something else holding it up?
                          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                            3 years approx. 7 months..........and still holding.
                            That is crazy. Well, it looks like you're winning this contest for longest wait.

If I recall from your other posts, you were able to find an owner financed house to buy so good for you - at least you were able to move on even with the Chase incompetence.

I find this all so sad for so many reasons. Many people just want off the deed while others are ready to buy again, but can't because they're waiting for foreclosure. I wonder how this housing market will ever resemble anything close to normal?

Comment

Originally posted by freeatlast09 View Post
                              That is crazy. Well, it looks like you're winning this contest for longest wait.

If I recall from your other posts, you were able to find an owner financed house to buy so good for you - at least you were able to move on even with the Chase incompetence.

I find this all so sad for so many reasons. Many people just want off the deed while others are ready to buy again, but can't because they're waiting for foreclosure. I wonder how this housing market will ever resemble anything close to normal?
                              what's my prize?? LOL!!!!!!!!!

yes, you correct, we did buy a really nice place that is 100% owner financed. and, i do think we will begin to see more land contracts as a buying tool to circumvent the entire banking system as a whole.

we as well, it was my "goal" to get our names off the deed, however, there simply is not much one can do when the bank doesn't move, at least not in our case where they have 20 years to do it! there are many reasons the banks are holding off, stats, for one, they just don't want to show the "real" number. that's just my opinion, only because it makes so sense in most cases why they don't move to resale these homes...other than the fact, who are the banks going to sell them to, and how is anyone going to get a mortgage when the banks, in most cases, are simply not lending?
                              Last edited by tobee43; 06-03-2011, 08:55 AM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X