Process Server tricks - and questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Process Server tricks - and questions

A server came to my door today, although I did not answer. I was not expecting him, nor avoiding him - I just don't answer the door for strange knockers. He left two tiny folded pieces of paper in each side of my door-jam, meaning he plans to come back to see if the paper are still there. Later as I opened the door, they fell to the floor. A nice trick.

I'd be interested in hearing others experience, especially if you are in the Miami area, on what to expect from Servers.

Thanks

We had one leave a note to call him, really , He showed up a few days later, then said merry christmas after serving my hubby. We had a laugh, the poor guy just got to do his job. I had one serve me 5 yrs ago, and I said oh no, I was expecting this. She laughed and said she got one too from Capital One. We had a laugh.
    chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

I got served some papers once and the process server gave me legal advice. I still find it funny. He was actually a very nice guy just doing his job, but he did give me some good advice.

Comment

Not related to BK but years ago I was having my ex-wife served divorce papers. She was staying at her mothers at the time, after numerous issues her mother answered the door and saw (or guessed) what was in the process servers hand, told the process server that "we didn't need that any more" and sent him away. Then pretended it never happened....

My lawyer had to go with a different "more determined" process server to finally get it delivered.

The whole thing was alittle odd.... it took long enough that my ex actually found out that I had filed by receiving a letter from some lawyers office soliciting her business in her pending divorce... before she had actually been served the papers (gotta love public records), finally managed to get her served the next day. But in any event ended up being a huge mess.....

Comment

I too don't answer the door -- safety reasons. Had a guy left a note (with a courier service company name) saying they had a package and to call and arrange for delivery. It had the previous owner (from 6 yrs ago) of my house's name on it. He kept coming and leaving notes. We put the note back out there saying he didn't live/own here anymore. They left another note asking that we call the number, so he can tell his boss. We didn't and they stopped. A few months later, they were back but this time the note had my name on it. That's when we filed.
          BK7 Filed 7/10/12 • 341 8/15/12 • Discharged 10/17/12 • Closed 5/6/13 Thanks to everyone here!

Comment

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I know they are only doing their jobs, but any other tricks they might do as a means to deceive me into meeting them?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X