How Long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Long?

Hello everyone! We live in Ohio and filed BK in September 2012. Chase has the mortgage on the house which I've surrendered. I'm just wondering if there are any other Ohioans out there who can give me an idea of how long these guys take to foreclose and auction the house. I haven't received a summons yet and would really like to get the ball rolling on this. Any responses will be appreciated.

Hi and welcome...we have a rental in Ohio that BOA had originally. It took about 18 months for it to finally get on the auction list from the time of first missed payment. With Ohio being a judicial state (has to go through the court system red tape etc.) it takes a little longer. If you are in one of the bigger counties/cities you can track the case online by bringing up the website for that county under civil cases. Then put in the owner name and it should bring up everyone with the same name, just click on your case number and you can see the entire process timeline and where they are.

Beware though, as happened to us BOA sold our loan to another servicer about 4 weeks from our sale date (you can see your sale date online at the county real estate sales website as well) and the new servicer "withdrew" the sale about 2 weeks out from auction date. It sucks becasue now we are waiting for them to go through the motions again to put it back on the auction list (they thought we might be interested in modifying the original loan even though we surrended in a chapter 7 in 2012). So even if it makes it to the sales list do not celebrate the sale and the end of the ordeal until it actually sells. Good luck!

Comment

drazil65 is right on with this, ohio is in fact a judicial state, and so is where my old property is....and it's been over 5 years and chase hasn't moved an inch, not a one. funny thing is they sent us a 30 day NOD, when they MADE us stop paying our mortgage so we could qualify for a loan mod, right in the middle of the loan mod we get served, we had to answer in 30 days or we are foreclosing chase claied. we didn't answer and just left, that was over 5 years. i tried to get a DIL with them, they just simple refuse to move forward with many of these homes. i have no clue why other than maybe since we refi during the robo signing era that all of their ducks are not in a row? it's the only thing we can think of. shoot, our house had PMI they could collect from the government, but there is a process with FHA before one can collect the PMI, and that is chase MUST foreclose, then submit the balance to the FHA and then they get paid!! so what is the deal? i will never know.
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

BK discharged 8/09, surrendered house. They have no attempt to foreclose.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X