Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heir to home in forclosure

Hi!
    I know this is probably one of the strangest post/questions ever asked so here it goes:

I have gotten behind on my mortgage, I plan to file BK very shortly.
    I also found out my health is rapidly failing. When this house goes into forclosure, I do NOT want my son STUCK with this house.

After I pass away is there anyway this BURDEN will NOT be passed onto him?

He could never afford to fix it or pay the monthly mortgage plus he has his own home. I do not want him stuck with this headache......can he just NOT accept it? Can he sign away form the house?

the Title is only in MY name, will it automatically go to him? Does he get stuck with all these problems?

Or can I go to my grave knowing he will not be burdened by this, other than this home I have NO estate.

Thank you in advance for any replies.........this board is a blessing

Your son cannot be forced to accept the home. If he doesn't receive any of your assets, he can't be held liable for your debt unless he is a co-borrower.

Rest easy. May your remaining days be filled with love, peace and comfort.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Hi, don't worry no strange questions...do you have a will? Maybe you should will it back to the bank under the circumstances and then they have it back period? Just a thought to perhaps give you a little peace of mind. The best of luck to you and we will keep you in our thoughts...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X