Average price for foreclosure defense? Miami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Average price for foreclosure defense? Miami

Anyone with experience on what to pay for foreclosure defense?

I live in Miami.

thanks

I do not live in Miami, but I can speak generally for Florida. You will pay varying amounts, but there are two types of foreclosure defense firms.

The first type charges a fixed fee of about $1,500-$2,500 and will represent you at the initial hearing and will likely delay or get your foreclosure dismissed (without prejudice). This means that the bank can and will come back after they get the paperwork straight, if that was the reason for dismissal, and attempt the foreclosure again. This type of defense typically buys you another year in your home, but this is not guaranteed. There needs to be a genuine issue with the foreclosure for it to work! (The fixed fee is really a retainer for so many hours of work. However, extras do cost extra! If you want to actually go into a full legal battle, then you would pay their hourly rate.)

The second type charges a smaller flat rate, but then charges monthly. The monthly fee can be $250/month and higher. That could add up over a year's time. I do not believe this fee is a retainer fee, but just a service fee. So, you pay it regardless of whether the attorney actually performs any work. However, you get the lawyer to represent you in the foreclosure, just as in the "fixed fee" foreclosure defense attorney.

You really need to look at what works best for you and find a firm that has a good reputation. Remember, they do not defend clients that are just trying to delay a case. However, these attorneys know just about everything wrong with a typical foreclosure and can find defects without even trying.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X