I found assets after Bankruptcy closure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found assets after Bankruptcy closure

Hello, I am not from the US, so my Englsih might be not up to par. My question is, I found an asset (an considerable amount in a bank account) which belongs to a US company who has gone bankrupt. The bankruptcy has been closed. I am not an creditor myself, nor do I have anything to do with the bankruptcy. I guess the company is still entitled to the asset. I cannot keep ik myself. What should I do? Contact the liquidator, are they entitled? Can they open the bankruptcy? Or should I contact the Court?

There are too few details in the OP's post to provide a proper response. For example:

- In what capacity did you "find" the asset? (Are you representing a bank that maintains the account?)
    - If a bank, is the bank a US-based bank?
    - Is the company aware of this account? If so, why are you seeking to close out the account?
    - How do you know this account was not included in the bankruptcy?

Aside from those questions, especially if you represent a bank, is there not a legal or bankruptcy department that provides advice to your organization?

Comment

If you believe you have found an undisclosed and therefore, un-administered asset, you contact the case Trustee.

Des.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X