Quick question ch 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question ch 7

When reviewing paperwork, lawyer asked us to explain negative $2500 a month or so and how we had been surviving. At that moment I felt that she had listened to nothing but oh well. We explained a loan against 403b to make ends meet for last six months and after realizing there was no other way we had to file. She just said I want to prepare you in case trustee ask. I am wondering since we do have a little equity in our house could they make us sell it since we look so awful on paper. We are filing ch7.
    I am just curious? I know with BK anything can happen.

Whether or not an asset is liquidated in Chapter 7 is based on whether there is equity and whether that equity is not protected by an exemption. Typically your attorney would protect your home using an exemption. I don't know which exemptions your attorney used to protect any equity in your home.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

The attorney stated the asset was protected by exemption just keep paying on it

Comment

You appear to be in good hands with your attorney. Your attorney is just trying to figure out how you are actually surviving. The question will be are you in a better place once the bankruptcy discharged it entered. We wouldn't want this all to be for naught.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X