Trustee questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trustee questions

I am just wondering if the trustee needs additional documentation of some sort. How close to 341 would you know that? We just filed almost 2 weeks ago. Just curious

There is a list of "standard" items that the Trustee needs at least 7-14 days prior to the 341 Meeting. You should receive this based on how your District and Trustee deals with these things. If you filed Pro Se, you'll need to find out if your Trustee publishes this list on a website. In some jurisdictions, the court may send out a "first day" order which would explain what needs to be handed over the the Trustee.

If you filed through an attorney your attorney should let you know everything that the Trustee needs.

If you filed on your own you have to make sure you're following all the rules and guidelines and may need to contact the Trustee's office 14 days prior to the meeting just to be sure.

From what I can personally tell, the Trustee doesn't re-warn people that the Trustee hasn't received certain documentation prior to the 341 Meeting. Typically you'll find out at the 341 Meeting and the Trustee will "continue" the 341 Meeting.

If you are Pro Se, I would be very diligent and also bring a copy of everything that you already provided to the Trustee by mail, to your 341 Meeting. In fact, even if you aren't Pro Se, just bring another copy of everything with you to the 341 Meeting. You just never know!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Ask your attorney. It depends on the trustee. A good attorney will make sure you're adequately prepared and everything is ready for the trustee to review.

Comment

Thanks we haven't been asked for anything thus far and 341 is this Wednesday. I am feeling apprehensive but ready for this chapter to begin to close.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X