Yet Another question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet Another question

Did anyone fail the means tests due to an extra pay? I did the means test online, and if we has 12 pay periods we would pass, however since my husband gets paid every 2 weeks., there is an extra pay in October. We can't wait till that drops off as we are waiting till December as it is for a big Payday in May to drop off.....

Also in my expenses I tried not to go over the IRS standards, with gas the way it is now, I will have to most likely. They have a $197 deduction for misc. can you just put that or do you have to explain that deduction?

Thanks again
    Christine
    Mom2one aka Chrissy Chapter 13
    Filed 11/08~341 1/15/09~ confirmed 2/27/09
    Wonderful Attorney! Just trying to get through the 5 years!!

The Trustee will most likely ask about the misc. It depends largely on your area.

Even if you have more income than the median you can still pass the means test, you fill out the rest of the means test and see what happens.
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Because there are 13 weeks in each quarter (52 weeks in the year), no matter when you file, end up with 26 weeks of pay in the last 6 months.
      Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

WEll that sucks! I am getting so stressed as this goes on. I don't even know what to do anymore!

Christine

Comment

And again I will post our experience.

We get paid every 2 weeks, we had one big payment(5k more than normal) in our 6 mth look back, we were over the median, and we just filed C7 on Thursday. All because our expenses. And our gas, food and rent is over the IRS standards.

You are going to drive yourself crazy stressing.
          Last edited by Cali; 06-08-2008, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Yah, I agree...everyone who gets paid every two weeks (including myself) ends up with 2 months out of the year in which the receive 3 pay checks. We are filing Ch 7 and we have one of those extra pay-day months in our look back.

See if you can find an attorney who will run a preliminary means test for you as part of the consult. It will probably make you feel a little bit better
            Filed Ch 7 - 07/10/08
            341 Meeting - 08/13/08
            DISCHARGED! - 10/15/08
            CLOSED - 10/20/08

Comment

Cali,.

I get where you are coming from. But we don't have a huge mortgage payment, our mortgage payment is not that high, or high car payments. We only have 1 car payment which will be paid up in March 2009. Maybe I can add on to our food budget or something. PLus I looked at our credit report today, 1 30 day late showed up and our credit score is already down. so I don't think we would get a good deal on a car.!!!

Christine

Comment

How much do you have for food?
                Gas?
                Medical? Dental?
                Charitable contributions?
                How much is your rent? Car payment?
                How far off are you from your expenses to IRS standards?

Originally posted by Mom2one View Post
                Cali,.

I get where you are coming from. But we don't have a huge mortgage payment, our mortgage payment is not that high, or high car payments. We only have 1 car payment which will be paid up in March 2009. Maybe I can add on to our food budget or something. PLus I looked at our credit report today, 1 30 day late showed up and our credit score is already down. so I don't think we would get a good deal on a car.!!!

Christine

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X