How hard to find rental home after BK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How hard to find rental home after BK?

My wife and I will be filing BK CH7 in the next few months. We have at lease 6-12 months without mortgage payment. My question is....how hard would it be to get a rental home? Would a co-signer be enough or would they just look the other way. I figure with the credit crisis there would be some empathy from the landlords.

There are tons of homeowers desperate to rent. I am sure as long as you have funds saved up and can give them 2 months security, etc. and show you have income coming in it would not be to hard to find a rental.

Comment

The key to renting in this market (with a BK or other derogatory information) is to be up front, and to come with cash! What also helps immensely is your stable and well paying job.

I was chosen (with two homes in foreclosure and multiple charge-offs), over a person with much better credit. Why? I had a 10 year job with significant income. I presented myself very well to the Owner and brought the "family" along.

You just never know. Sure, some won't want to take the risk, but you need to alleviate their concern with one or two additional months of security deposit (as allowed per your State) or to "pre-pay" one or two additional months (to get around State "deposit" laws).
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X