Let your fingers do the walking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let your fingers do the walking

I was watching the Ravens/Titans (yurk!) playoffs and glanced at the local phonebook. Since I AM planning to hit up some attorneys, I thought "Might as well glance as some of them"

I was STUNNED to see 4 of them (Bankruptcy Lawyers) offering "Payment Plans" (For attorney fees) and even one offering bankruptcy for $400 (Plus filing fees)

I've no clue how this would go, I'm guessing the cheap one is for a "Simple Bankruptcy" but heck, can't hurt to take a free look at them.

Maybe those who are tight and worried about the high fees, might want to try this. Doesn't cost you alot of time...

(Personal Opinion: If Dallas ain't in it, it AIN'T NO SUPERBOWL)

Originally posted by Genenco View Post
    (Personal Opinion: If Dallas ain't in it, it AIN'T NO SUPERBOWL)
    Sort of like OK Thur night, huh? A lot of trash talk but not much follow through.

But OK HAS to have a record for the highest number of times going to the big game - and NEVER winning!!!

(Just had to rub it in - and just think, Tebow is coming back NEXT year.) - jb
    jb - A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes.
    Filed - 2/27/09
    341 - 4/3/09
    Discharged - 6/20/2009

Comment

Don't TRUST them.

I fell to the same ploy even with their cool internet Page saying that you could file with them for an "initial retainer" of $199.

What they didn't mention was the rest of the $2,800 retainer they want paid in installments before they file. Oh, and you need the filing fee too ($299 or $274).
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Gen, you know me. Get on with it. Time is running out as you will be one of thousands. Bottem line, 'You get what you pay for'. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          Don't TRUST them.

I fell to the same ploy even with their cool internet Page saying that you could file with them for an "initial retainer" of $199.

What they didn't mention was the rest of the $2,800 retainer they want paid in installments before they file. Oh, and you need the filing fee too ($299 or $274).
          Well now, like I said, "can't hurt to take a free look at them" and I can always walk (Or Run) away.

Yes Hub you do "Get what you pay for" but like everything, it's up to you to see what you're getting and not getting

Comment

Well, FWIW I paid an initial $550 for my means test, then $400 to obtain the "retainer" and file. I owe $1200 in $200 monthly payments until June or July I can't remember. Total BK was $2150.

My case was filed on 12/29 and my lawyer is awesome. Replies to email even when he's on vacation and ALWAYS on the same day as I send one.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X