341 meeting question re:where the money went

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question 341 meeting question re:where the money went

If you have stopped paying all debts (and house in foreclosure, so that hasn't been paid either)... does the trustee normally ask what you've been spending money on, and determine if you've just been "spending the money recklessly" in their opinion (and denying the BR)? I'm looking for a fresh start, and am hoping that my lack of receipts for regular purchases these last few months doesn't cause an issue...

Do they consider your income that hasn't went to your debts as an "asset" that you need to account for?
    341 September 2, 2009 (5 minutes)
    Last day to object: November 2, 2009
    Discharged: November 3, 2009
    Closed: December 2, 2009! I'm done!!!!

They did not ask any questions whatsoever of anyone at our 341 meeting.

Comment

I wasn't asked any questions about our spending habits, either. I did have receipts for purchases we made in between filing and our 341 but the trustee wasn't at all concerned with current spending. In none of the dozen or so cases we saw before ours did she ask what money was currently being spent on or for receipts to prove recent purchases.
      filed chapter 7 BK 4/27/09
      341 meeting 6/4/09
      DISCHARGED!!! 8/5/09

Comment

my 341 meeting really was one question of "what happened". You basically keep it short and sweet . . .lost job . . .divorce . . . health crisis.
        It is then pretty assumed that you ran into financial trouble and are now in BK.

Your attorney should have heard your story by this point, completed the paperwork and along with you is vouching that your case is a solid BK.
        Much thanks for all the support and information I receive on this forum.
        Chapter 7 filed 11/21/2008
        341 Meeting 01/05/2009
        Discharged 03/06/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X