An Excel Form to Use When Providing info to Attorneys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Excel Form to Use When Providing info to Attorneys

I gave my financial info to attorneys in an excel spreadsheet. It included my salary and withholding with six month averages. It made consults more productive and made it easier when it was time to prepare my petition. I made it into a template for others to use and posted it in my blog:

I hope this is helpful to others.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

That's awesome!! Thanks for sharing.
    04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

Nice Form!

On the 2nd tab that calculates the 6 month average. When determining your 6 month income to you add your taxes that are taken out of your gross pay to your average?

It appears that the form adds together all deductions from your pay including state/federal taxes. Is that correct?

I am not saying it is wrong, just not sure myself.

Great form! Thanks

Comment

You're right Moo, it was wrong. Thank you for pointing that out!!! I fixed it. I originally put negative numbers in for my withholding. When I replaced my figures with zeros, the taxes, etc. were added to gross so the net was even higher. I fixed the formula so it subtracts the withheld amounts from the gross.

If anyone finds any other errors, please let me know!
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Wow!...this is great!....thanks for going to the trouble.

Comment

This is a great tool! Thank you!
            Last edited by bugasbaby; 05-04-2010, 09:35 AM. Reason: typo :o(!

Comment

I had all of my info built into a spreadsheet. Attorneys didn't care and I still had to fill out all of their forms.

I did have one worksheet for my exemptions that allowed me to select which exemption to apply to which property. It would track the total exemption available and whether I was over or under my exemption amount. This was useful with knowing what property would be exposed. I was able to arrange for just my cows to be up for seizure. Trustee wasn't interested.
              Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

My attorney gave me a big form, and I had made such a mess of it that I just made up my own Excel spreadsheet, that was basically the same as his form. It even summed up the various categories for him.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X