And the hits just keep coming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the hits just keep coming!

Found out yesterday our homeowner's ins is dropping us b/c our agent isn't doing business with them.

So I call the agent and told them well I'm filing BK soon and I'm sure my credit will be destroyed so get some quotes for me now.

Well the new quotes state my insurance is going up $400 bucks a year!!! Wow that's with pre bk credit scores

I have until Feb to get a new policy but I don't event hink my BK would even be discharged by then.
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

The BK WILL cause problems for you, so you best get your insurance now. Rates are going up everywhere--its the economy.

Why is your agent not carrying your insurance company any longer? If you have a good relationship with your existing insurance, can you continue to deal with them directly? We used to use MetLife, until they pulled out of the state due to the 2004 hurricanes.

Also, it may not have been wise to tell the agent that you were planning to file--because you haven't yet. The agent didn't need to know this right now.
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 10-08-2010, 06:15 AM. Reason: Added last paragraph.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
      The BK WILL cause problems for you, so you best get your insurance now. Rates are going up everywhere--its the economy.

Why is your agent not carrying your insurance company any longer? If you have a good relationship with your existing insurance, can you continue to deal with them directly? We used to use MetLife, until they pulled out of the state due to the 2004 hurricanes.

Also, it may not have been wise to tell the agent that you were planning to file--because you haven't yet. The agent didn't need to know this right now.
      Thanks - I'll have to call around and see what I can get.

The agent was giving me a hard time about getting quotes now b/c I have an active policy so I told her b/c my credit will be getting worse. I don't have a long relationship with them so I'm ok finding another company.
      "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

If you are a member of AAA try their insurance department. Worked for me when my old carrier was going to triple my homeowner's rate due to an alleged change in the classification of fire protection. What garbage. Called around. AAA's rate was going to be a whopping $50.00/year more than what I had been paying. Also had a good deal for auto insurance so I switched that too.

Comment

Wow! I just called my auto insurance and they gave me a quote for my home and it's $100 cheaper than what I was paying before!!

So I'm happy about that!

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!

Would you mind sharing who your carrier is? Thanks!
            Last edited by AngelinaCat; 10-08-2010, 08:26 AM.
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I already have Allstate car insurance. I know they can put you on certain tiers in relation to your credit store.

If I file Chapter 7, does that mean they can raise my rates if they find out later on that I've filed and completed a bankruptsy? I'm thinking that they only run those credit checks when you first sign up with them and I've had Allstate for about eight years or so. They wouldn't run another random credit check? I know that can be expensive because I heard that they normally check the new applicants' driving records but it costs them too much to check everyones' driving record every year. (Cost for them to do this is what I'm referring to about the driving record. That in itself is different from a credit check.)

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
                Wow! I just called my auto insurance and they gave me a quote for my home and it's $100 cheaper than what I was paying before!!

So I'm happy about that!
                Awesome!!

Sometimes when things just seem to be piling up, and piling on....it's nice to get a little GOOD NEWS for a change!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X