No announcement yet.

Florida Trustees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh - more crap to worry about - papers being finalized and will file middle (tpa) florida this week........... if anyone know names of good or extra bad trustees -- plz pm me so i can either be relieved or extra worried when I see the name! Is it on pacer where you will find who the trustee is?

Comment

Hi df,

Don't worry about the trustees, they are just doing their job. The important part is to really review your paperwork and make sure it's right. Once you file you'll get a notice of the 341 and it will have the trustees name on it.

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineGal View Post
        Hi df,

Don't worry about the trustees, they are just doing their job. The important part is to really review your paperwork and make sure it's right. Once you file you'll get a notice of the 341 and it will have the trustees name on it.
        so agree SG....we all know it's hard and we feel like we are under the microscope...but i think the point is, NOT to make bk a simple process...guessing that's why the banks chomped at congress to change the filing laws....to make this a known stressful situation for anyone.

but the truth is.....some of us in today economic climate simply have no choice but to file bk..df0 i think the best advise anyone can give you that's gone through this, is just be as honest as you possibly can be. the truth never changes, but lies you need to remember.

if you have the paperwork to back you up...you are good to go. the trustees are looking for assets and remember you will also have an opportunity IF and that's a BIG IF, it is found that you DO have assets you will be allowed to buy them back from the court...it's not like them come in and clear out your items.

i know it's so much stress and fear in itself is awful, but fear of the "unknown" is even worse...believe me, you will be just fine. anything that does come up can be fixed and resolved...chin up....look forward and just have all your ducks in a roll!! it will go fine!
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

thanks for the info and compassion. It does suck. I'm not worried about assets as there are none to speak of - dmi looks to be about 180.00 or so. All we did was supply the data to the attny - his office took that data plopped it into some software and here we are. Are we expected to verify where all that data lands on the form too? There are lots of zero's on there as well as blank spaces that if we were doing pro-se I would have filled out...... so while we think we are ok and the attny hasn't said anything different -- are we really? and now knowing the tpa ones are extra aggressive........ great......

Comment

Originally posted by df04527 View Post
            thanks for the info and compassion. It does suck. I'm not worried about assets as there are none to speak of - dmi looks to be about 180.00 or so. All we did was supply the data to the attny - his office took that data plopped it into some software and here we are. Are we expected to verify where all that data lands on the form too? There are lots of zero's on there as well as blank spaces that if we were doing pro-se I would have filled out...... so while we think we are ok and the attny hasn't said anything different -- are we really? and now knowing the tpa ones are extra aggressive........ great......
            we were not asked to really back up any of our expenses...as really if they looked at our bank statements they would coincide. also make certain you covered all your expenses property...like maintenance, personal items...etc. even dog food if you have a dog..( we don't have any pets, but i have seen where people have posted a "pet" allowance with no problem)....i would try and make some adjustment to see if you can pull your dmi to a minus...if possible...

we were done close to 3k in our dmi at the time of filing...

another suggestion...if you list your expenses over at the pro se forum on the site...maybe someone of the great pro se'ers will help you "fine" tune your expenses etc...justbroke is excellent as well as many pro se'ers that can take a look for you....always good to have an extra set of eyes!!
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

[QUOTE=df04527;474098]- dmi looks to be about 180.00 or so. All we did was supply the data to the attny - his office took that data plopped it into some software and here we are. Are we expected to verify where all that data lands on the form too? QUOTE]

If your DMI is positive $180, expect to be pushed into a chapter 13. Take a good look at your expenses. Do you have everything listed? Think medical, food, household items, haircuts, transportation costs, home repairs, etc.

The attorney knows where to put the information, just review all of your schedules very closely! Trust me, if a mistake is made you'll need plenty of Advil.

Comment

[QUOTE=SunshineGal;474102]
                - dmi looks to be about 180.00 or so. All we did was supply the data to the attny - his office took that data plopped it into some software and here we are. Are we expected to verify where all that data lands on the form too? QUOTE]

If your DMI is positive $180, expect to be pushed into a chapter 13. Take a good look at your expenses. Do you have everything listed? Think medical, food, household items, haircuts, transportation costs, home repairs, etc.

The attorney knows where to put the information, just review all of your schedules very closely! Trust me, if a mistake is made you'll need plenty of Advil.
                i thought OP state something about going pro se...but then again, most likely i'm losing my mind!! (ouch!)

exactly as SG says.....you can cover that 180 with food cost down here...shoot...we were questioned about TOO LOW of food cost!! the trustee even joked and said don't let my husband see that!!!

sunshine, is correct, they may throw you into the 13 ....so just re examine you expenses...i'm certain you can cover it.

we did $400 home maintenance and don't even own our house...but actually it's been more than that as of late. however, we cushioned for any potential house problems..we have to pay for ALL maintenance here...

Comment

are u freakin' kidding me? I don't feel I have to adjust anything as I hired an attorney to worry about that crap and advise. We paid good money for them to worry about that crap - we gave them the data, the sad story and all that other minutia. I hold his arse responsible but i will send an email and ask for crying out loud.

Comment

are u freakin' kidding me? I don't feel I have to adjust anything as I hired an attorney to worry about that crap and advise. We paid good money for them to worry about that crap - we gave them the data, the sad story and all that other minutia. I hold his arse responsible but i will send an email and ask for crying out loud.
                    Regardless of what you paid your attorney to do, it is your rear-end that the trustee will have in a sling. You need to check, double-check, and triple-check everything. If the trustee pushes you into a 13 because you are over the DMI, it will be you writing out that check for the next 5 years and not your attorney. Better to be safe than put all of your faith into hoping your attorney gets it right.
                    Filed Ch. 7: 10-28-2010 Report of No Distribution: 12-16-2010 Disharged and Closed 2-18-1011

Comment

yup agreed - i was venting - i did send an email and i've already received a call back -- what i am looking at is not the final one that will be filed yet..... WHEW -- there is a new one and they said the dmi is def in neg now. The expenses weren't realistic (like i've read many say here) - when your used to living on a 100 bucks of something but normal people live on 200 -- reality becomes the 100 for you and those numbers were part of the "data" I turned over. They've adjusted accordingly.

Thanks and sorry for the rant....

peace

Comment

peace
                        no need to apologize for ranting.. we have all done our fair share on here! Do stay on top of your lawyer regarding numbers and have them explain everything so you don't have a nasty shock... the trustee down here looks at everything and will take take take even if is not there.. she tried to get my payment up by many many hundreds a month.... if I had that kind a month I would be this mess!

Good luck to you!
                        Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

yup agreed - i was venting - i did send an email and i've already received a call back -- what i am looking at is not the final one that will be filed yet..... WHEW -- there is a new one and they said the dmi is def in neg now. The expenses weren't realistic (like i've read many say here) - when your used to living on a 100 bucks of something but normal people live on 200 -- reality becomes the 100 for you and those numbers were part of the "data" I turned over. They've adjusted accordingly.

peace
                          No need to apologize...we have all felt the stress and have gone off ourselves from time to time. The information and support on this board have gotten me through some pretty frantic moments. Stay on top of your attorney and be sure to go over all of your paperwork with a magnifying glass before it gets filed. We found some major mistakes on ours than would have been devastating if not caught.
                          Filed Ch. 7: 10-28-2010 Report of No Distribution: 12-16-2010 Disharged and Closed 2-18-1011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X