Bankruptcy for homeowners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bankruptcy for homeowners

My chapter 7 bankruptcy was discharged in February 2010 and I was allowed to keep my house and car. The problem is that after the b.k. I was told by my mortgage company that I cannot pay my house note online or access my account.

In addition I paid my car off 11 months after the b.k. and neither are on my credit reports now. I was told that there is nothing that I can do about it, but it would help my score if they were. How did this happen?

It happened because you discharged the debt in the bankruptcy. In some cases, the lender will report if you ask them to and do so in writing. They just don't want to get in trouble for "attempting" to collect a debt. I wouldn't worry about these things though.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Bank of America did the same to me, so I payed them through my bill payer system through my bank....worked great. They said after my case was closed, they would reactivate my account to pay online...and they did. Every bank is different so if they won't allow online access, use your checking account bill payer system or just mail it....me I hate stamps, can never figure out how much postal rates are...they change all the time.
      Last edited by dspii; 03-27-2011, 04:05 AM. Reason: just plain dumb.....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X