Withdraw Ch.13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Withdraw Ch.13

My friend filed chapter 13 and now has changed her mind and wants to withdraw her BK. My question is what form do you use to withdraw? Its been about 3 weeks and has not had creditors meeting.

She doesn't need to file anything. If she doesn't make her plan payment and/or doesn't show up at the creditor's meeting, the case will be dismissed.

Make sure she knows that the harm has already been done to her credit rating and her BK filing will still remain on her credit report for 7 years. Or is it 10? I can't keep it straight.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

7 yrs

Comment

Do you know if there is a form she can file as she does not want to wait that long.

Comment

She could file a debtor's motion to dismiss her case. Here's a link to a pdf example. She might want to check with her state's BK court to get the form that works for her district. Many states have the forms online.

(this is just an example that I found in a google search - unless your friend lives in Hawaii, this exact form won't work for her)
          Last edited by Peeps; 04-11-2011, 05:55 PM.
          OK - from now on it's not a "Bankruptcy." It's a "Weight Loss Program." I'm in. Sign me up.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X