Here come the blood sucking vultures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here come the blood sucking vultures!

OK, so we filed on April 29, and had our 341 and a report of no distribution on June 1. Only 7 days later, we're receiving offers for credit card with a limit of $700, a $150 annual fee, and an interest rate of 36%.

To which I say, BITE ME. Not taking a credit card even if they offered it with no interest, ever. Credit and me got divorced and it was an ugly relationship and I dumped Credit. Credit keeps crawling back and saying "you know you want me..." but I've gained self respect and I'm not going to be beholden to anyone that way ever again.

Today I opened a savings account and made my first monthly deposit of $400 into it.

(Cue James Brown) I FEEL GOOOD! I knew that I would!!!
    Figured out we were in trouble: (Wait, we're in trouble? ) Stopped paying creditors: Aug 2010 Filed Chap 7: Apr 29, 2011 341: Jun 1, 2011 Report of no distribution: Jun 1, 2011 Discharged Aug 2, 2011

Originally posted by StartinOver View Post
    OK, so we filed on April 29, and had our 341 and a report of no distribution on June 1. Only 7 days later, we're receiving offers for credit card with a limit of $700, a $150 annual fee, and an interest rate of 36%.
    LOL, StartinOver, you and I and someone else on the same forum all got that offer from First Premier, I think I had this conversation earlier today. I promptly shredded the offer as well.

And you are right, they are blood sucking vultures.

You divorced credit huh? So did I, our spouses must have been cousins! HA HA

Congrats on opening the savings account! And I can hear James Brown singing as well!
    Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

I paln on doing the same thing!!!!!!!

Comment

I got that same offer, and I'm opted out from all offers thru the credit bureaus. They must be data mining from Pacer.
        filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

That is obscene! $150 annual fee??
          Filed 5/31/11 341 & Report of No Distribution 7/28/11 Discharged & Closed!! 9/29/11
          "What I won't accept or buy any longer is that my credit score defines who I am. Screw that."

Comment

36% interest??! I don't think I've ever seen anything that high. Even the "default rate" on most credit cards is 29.99% APR.

Comment

The vultures have been chasing me since 4/23. I usually just pitch them. I did however get an offer for Chase wanting me back (never bk's them) with 0% for year, 12.99 % after which was good but ignored and tossed that one too.

I don't care if I never have another card except ins., drivers lic and soc. security.
              Filed CH 7 4/15/11
              341 5/23/11
              DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

I'm with you, sunshinepa. Every time one arrives in the mail, I hear this:

Any opinion expressed is based on personal experience and/or research. i.e.

Comment

Originally posted by IamIrene View Post
                  I'm with you, sunshinepa. Every time one arrives in the mail, I hear this:

Good one Irene!!!!
                  Filed CH 7 4/15/11
                  341 5/23/11
                  DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

I got an offer for $500 with $39/yr fee, 19.99% interest - that's reasonable. I took it, but am going to pay it off every month. I will keep it until I get a free card from someone.

Comment

Originally posted by bcohen View Post
                      36% interest??! I don't think I've ever seen anything that high. Even the "default rate" on most credit cards is 29.99% APR.
                      I've gotten an offer (a while ago) with int rate of 59%!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Look guys if it wasn't for job loss last year, I POSSIBLY wouldn't be here - but the other reality is that I realize that I cannot be trusted much with credit. I realize that and like someone who is a recovering alcoholic, he/she realizes that they're never "cured." So they stay away from alcohol period. Same here for credit.

Comment

Still getting offers since November 2010, interest rates after the first 6 months anywhere from 18% to 29.9%. One even offered a limit of $300, with an annual fee of $159! I toss them all.

I hate how they just seem to pounce on people when they are at their most vulnerable. They sure could easily mess up a chap 13. I'm sure a lot of people that don't read this forum, just wouldn't know how viscious this "new" credit card trap could be.

Comment

>I got an offer for $500 with $39/yr fee, 19.99% interest - that's reasonable. I took it, but am going to pay it off every month.<

That's smart. After bankruptcy, using a credit card and regularly paying it off is a way to get your credit rating to improve. Of course you must have the discipline to (1) not go over 1/2 your limit (for credit rating purposes) and (2) pay the balance in full before the due date every month. If you do (2), you'll never incur a late fee or finance charge, so you don't care what the card's late fee or finance charge is. The $39 per year fee is the (reasonable) price of admission for this.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X