Bankruptcy and Background Check for Employment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bankruptcy and Background Check for Employment

Just wanted to ask everyone their experience with a job offer after bankruptcy discharge that required background check and FINRA check particularly in financial institutions

Were folks still able to get job after bankruptcy or job offer was rescinded.

I have read that lot of people did get the job even after bankruptcy in financial companies etc., but there are some other postings suggesting otherwise

So just wanted to ask everyone gone though this situation to post their experience

I have read mixed responses on this subject as well. The best approach would be to talk to the potential employer and let them know about your situation. If they do a background check they will find out anyway and it would be better if they heard it from you first.

Comment

It is truly up to the particular institution and what you will be doing there.
      Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
      The rebuilding begins

Comment

Investigate the hiring practices of any potential employer before you apply and provide your SS# on a job application - many places will run background/credit checks from that application alone before any interview. Many companies/corporations provide hiring information/practices on their websites. In today's world, expect a complete background check to be run and expect a credit check to be run. Depending on the company/corporation and it's policies and practices, your BK may or may not be a problem.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Imran93 - I just posted a huge update to my previous "background check" thread - I don't want to duplicate it here, but you could check it out.
          Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
          New Job 7-2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X