Cleaning up a credit report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning up a credit report?

How do you go about removing negative statements that should not be on your credit report?

Before I went bankrupt, my husband was an authorized user of one of my cards, not a joint account holder. We live in a non-community property state, and since he has no debt, there was no need for him to file with me. But when I looked at his credit report, my old card showed up, and states that the balance was cancelled through bankruptcy?????!!!!!

This wouldn't concern me, except we're looking to relocate at the end of our lease. We still have ten months to go , but I don't want to run into trouble finding another apartment. I'm hoping that, since I've been a stay-at-home mom for the past four years, and he's been the sole breadwinner, and we've never, ever been late with rent, my credit report won't mean as much to them.
    Filed Chapter 7: March 19, 2012
    Discharged! June 28, 2012
    CLOSED!!! August 8, 2012

you should visit the credit section on these forums. there is a ton of advice there on how to clean things up. GL

Comment

Each credit reporting agency has a website where you can file disputes to entries on your credit reports. You can also file disputes by mail or telephone. Here's some helpful information, including links to the dispute pages: http://credit.about.com/od/creditrep...putereport.htm
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X