X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me too !!! me too! me too!!!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

We had close to $2mil. That was because we were nonconsumer though and it was all business debt. $1.6ish mil was secured by a commercial RE loan (property sold for 565k... wow) (there was a second there too but it wasnt personally guaranteed - i think that was 150k).. We had about 150kish in unsecured debt and another 160k that was a second home (we owned it outright but borrowed against it to use the money for the biz... still waiting for that one to foreclose).

Plus our own mortgage (we stayed and paid) and two vehicles (one was reaffirmed, the other was paid off during the bk). that was the only nonbusiness debt.

Live and learn. As long as we learn, i dont regret what we did. I would go back and sell the RE when we had that big offer... but predicting the changes in RE along with the lack of tenants, and decrease in our own business (we carried that mortgage for a long long time!!!) is an impossibility.

Comment

I think I had about 150k available, BKed about 180k. It just grew over the years. I knew deep down when I hit 100k I was in trouble. There is no way I could payoff an amount that was several times my yearly income. I became very good a juggling accounts, but it all finally came crashing down. You know it easy to blame the banks, but it was me that took the credit out. Just one life's lessons.

Comment

Sadly, I never had very much credit available, and certainly never got to enjoy it. I had two credit cards, with limits of $3000 and $15000, however, when the economic collapse hit, the $15000 card lowered the limit to $11000, which was just over what I owed at the time. Those debts have ballooned into $6900 (Discover Card, now a judgment) and $27500 (Citibank, now owned by a JDB). I will be filing for bankruptcy as soon as I receive and spend my tax return (since the exemptions here in AZ are so terrible). I have some other debts, including an overdrawn bank account that I ignored, some medical bills, and a cellphone that I quit paying on. The total is less than $40000, though, and I plan to discharge all of it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X