top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else get their Chase Class Action Settlement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else get their Chase Class Action Settlement?

Lo and behold.... I got more than the 63 cents I expected.
    $91 to be exact.
    Woot! I can go say those three little words..."fill 'er up"

Keep On Smilin'

Hey, I got $25 and so did my husband. What was this for again anyway?

Comment

They did their charming little bait-and-switch..... low interest for the life of the loan....
      They couldn't raise the interest rate so they raised the minimum payments from 2 to 5%.
      I was wondering if everyone got the same or pro-rata.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

I recently received a settlement-check ($40) as well. Had something to do with "Alliance Cell Phone", though..
        Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
        FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
        FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

I do remember that. Was the start of my fall. When they raised my minimum payment to 5%, I called them in a panic. They closed my account and gave me a fixed payment with a rate of 2% and a fixed payment. at the time it was a life saver...of course it also helped me creep along another couple of years before I truly crashed...

Comment

i'm SOOOOOOOOOOO left out i didn't get anything! chase has completely forgotten about us LOL!
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I got two checks for a total of about $80!

Comment

Yes what sweethearts. That is when our min. payment went to $250.00/mo. We received a $91.00 check yesterday. Hurry up & cash it!
                Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

Ours went to over 700 a month. I borrowed from other accounts to pay it :P
                  But that was def the straw that broke the camel's back.
                  Was bound to happen sooner or later... they just made it come sooner.
                  If y'all haven't seen changeinterms.com yet... check it out sometime. Lahm went to the top to get his account straightened out, testified in court. You can thank him for your settlements. He hasn't updated in a while.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Hurray - maybe I have a check waiting for me when I get home!! they did the same thing to me, keepsmiling - the minimum payment soared so high I had to stop paying it. Hah! They never got another penny from me - greedy you know whats!

Comment

Wonder if we will get anything as of now nada

Pam

Comment

Dup post

Comment

Hi to everyone, I have been absent from here for awhile!

I searched for this topic cause I was curious, too. I did receive a check from Chase for the "Check Loan Contract Settlement" about a month ago, and it was $130. Amazed at the amount, as usually the class actions pay out less than $25. Maybe they based it on the balance at the time Chase changed the terms.

Comment

To bad the ruling could not include the judge having the right to change the terms before checks are issued. Just for some irony.
                            11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Originally posted by spidge View Post
                              To bad the ruling could not include the judge having the right to change the terms before checks are issued. Just for some irony.
                              Yeah, I'd pay the stupid $130 just to see the judge say something like, "In the interest of justice, I have decided to change the terms of this settlement to pay out an extra $500 to each class member..." The headline would read, of course 'Change In Terms'.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X